Purdy stat tracker

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I think the arm is fine. The mechanics seem to be the issue at times. Throwing off his back foot in particular.

Granted he doesn't have a Farve or Elway but if he can clean things up he'll get a shot. We all know he has the it factor.
Agreed, we really haven’t seen his arm strength since he rarely steps into a throw. If he starts driving the ball through his footwork the ball speed will pick up.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Updated the stats in the OP. Brock should overtake Seneca for most passing yards in a season and most total offense in season in only 11 games. Seneca took 14 games to set those records (Eddie Robinson Classic was an extra game that year.)

Last edited:

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I just don't see Purdy as an NFL QB...which is fine because he can still be a great college QB. It just makes it more frustrating that he's continually made into playing like one in the pocket.

The 'best version of himself' is the threat of him using his feet to keep the defense involved.
See how that's working for Tua right now...although his season ending hip injury was on a rollout to pass.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Updated the stats in the OP. Brock should overtake Seneca for most passing yards in a season and most total offense in season in only 11 games. Seneca took 14 games to set those records (Eddie Robinson Classic was an extra game that year.)
You should update* the “it sucks to post this after a loss”, too. :rolleyes:

(*feel free to just delete that phrase)

• Creative
Reactions: cychhosis

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Prove it is a great slogan for this team. Sorry things haven't gone perfectly for some of you annoyingly negative posters. Right now this is a team that has sustained success as a good team with a potential to be better next year. They have the potential to be part of the elite of college football. Unbelievable progress from 4 or 5 years ago.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Prove it is a great slogan for this team. Sorry things haven't gone perfectly for some of you annoyingly negative posters. Right now this is a team that has sustained success as a good team with a potential to be better next year. They have the potential to be part of the elite of college football. Unbelievable progress from 4 or 5 years ago.
It was a great slogan. At the start of the year. And it's the 2019 slogan, so with two games left, draw your own conclusions.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
See how that's working for Tua right now...although his season ending hip injury was on a rollout to pass.
I had Tua as the #3 QB in the draft behind Burrow and Herbert. Bama and Ohio State QBs usually don't become NFL stars but put up big numbers in college because they have the best group of WRs every year. Almost every play it seems like they have an open guy to throw to. So it's hard to really give them a fair grade based on their college performance.

Purdy, on the other hand, is racking up stats without a lot of NFL talent around him. And his career completion percentage is insane!

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I had Tua as the #3 QB in the draft behind Burrow and Herbert. Bama and Ohio State QBs usually don't become NFL stars but put up big numbers in college because they have the best group of WRs every year. Almost every play it seems like they have an open guy to throw to. So it's hard to really give them a fair grade based on their college performance.

Purdy, on the other hand, is racking up stats without a lot of NFL talent around him. And his career completion percentage is insane!
I don't know. I think at least 2 TE are NFL caliber. Knipfel, Jones, Pettway, will all get their shots as well but probably in undrafted free agent..Hall is certainly NFL talent IMO assuming he keeps growing in a natural progression with age.

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
This team has certainly proven that they belong in competition with the other teams of this conference and it looks like they've worked hard in the off-season. They've made progress.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I don't know. I think at least 2 TE are NFL caliber. Knipfel, Jones, Pettway, will all get their shots as well but probably in undrafted free agent..Hall is certainly NFL talent IMO assuming he keeps growing in a natural progression with age.
Freshman Breece Hall reminds me a lot of freshman Mike Warren. Let's just hope Sophomore-Senior Breece Hall doesn't mirror Soph-Senior Warren as well.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Freshman Breece Hall reminds me a lot of freshman Mike Warren. Let's just hope Sophomore-Senior Breece Hall doesn't mirror Soph-Senior Warren as well.
Ya I don't see it all. Mike was never a physical runner, or make you miss guy. He was also much smaller than Hall as a true freshman. Really nothing alike IMO.