DMPS, Drake partner to develop new community stadium

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
I wonder how many it will hold with the bubble on it. UNI might need to get a little nervous about state football.

JD720

Jan 3, 2009
I'm guessing the bubble would be inside the stands like the Boston College video. It doesn't matter how many seats there are if they are outside the bubble. It will probably be used more for recreational events than spectator events.

Reactions: Messi

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Really? I wonder what the attendance figures are for each class and each round at the dome?
The one time my hometown made the state finals I would estimate there were more than 4,000 there between the schools, and this was class 1A.
There would also be the issue with the games being played back to back clearing out the fans and bringing in the next group. This would be a big cluster ****.

They would also need extra locker rooms to accommodate more than 2 teams.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Valley Stadium holds 8,000. I've never been to a big game there but I assume 4,000 is nowhere near enough.

I'm fairly certain that every session draws far more than 4k. The 4A semis and title game usually hit between 10k-12k. Not to mention locker room and media facilities.

The playoffs are in the perfect place right where they are...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron