DMPS, Drake partner to develop new community stadium

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Le Mars and Le Mars Gehelen used to do this too. I think they even played on Saturday's sometimes.

They still do. LeMars put in a new turf field this year. Both LCHS and Gehlen will play on it, but it'll probably be more of a home/away rotation than adding in Thursday games.

BHRV and Western also share a field in Hull, but that's a grass surface. They basically alternate Fridays -- one home, one away.

Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
They still do. LeMars put in a new turf field this year. Both LCHS and Gehlen will play on it, but it'll probably be more of a home/away rotation than adding in Thursday games.

BHRV and Western also share a field in Hull, but that's a grass surface. They basically alternate Fridays -- one home, one away.

Even back when I played they always tried to avoid the Thursday night games but there was always a week or two when both teams had a home game.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
Huh. If they're going to continue to use the old stadiums then aren't they going to have to continue to spend to maintain them?
Those stadiums will still host JV competition, track meets, spring soccer and phys ed in addition to being used as practice surfaces. The maintenance is not really about cutting grass, it is also about restrooms (which are not always open at JV and MS events), contracting with private security for home events (CSC or someone) and the extra burdens that go with a Friday game. I am understanding that Drake donated the land, will take care of the land and will partner in the management of the facility.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Those stadiums will still host JV competition, track meets, spring soccer and phys ed in addition to being used as practice surfaces. The maintenance is not really about cutting grass, it is also about restrooms (which are not always open at JV and MS events), contracting with private security for home events (CSC or someone) and the extra burdens that go with a Friday game. I am understanding that Drake donated the land, will take care of the land and will partner in the management of the facility.
Thus with Drake "managing," there will be little game day cost to DMPS.

Reactions: jbindm