STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Held DePaul to under 100 at the end though. Moral victory.

DePaul started killing clock with like 4 minutes left.

I will say I think Toussaint is a steal and as much crap as I have them about CJF he was basically the only player with a pulse out there. Conner needs to go to the bench, JBo just needs the redshirt now, and JT/CJF/Weiskamp/Kreiner/Garza need to all play 30-35 MPG but they’ll all play less than 30 because Conner needs his run.

I also don’t take much from this game. I think it’s a classic buzzaaw game where just ran in to an extremely hot shooting team. Get back to me in a few weeks if they are still getting shredded.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Iowa basketball has a lot of problems, but the biggest is all those empty seats in the first 15-20 rows that are the seats not being used by the largest donors.
Yeah, and this is a P6 team they are playing - not like some double-directional school from Illinois. Embarrassing!!

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

I will say I think Toussaint is a steal and as much crap as I have them about CJF he was basically the only player with a pulse out there. Conner needs to go to the bench, JBo just needs the redshirt now, and JT/CJF/Weiskamp/Kreiner/Garza need to all play 30-35 MPG but they’ll all play less than 30 because Conner needs his run.

I also don’t take much from this game. I think it’s a classic buzzaaw game where just ran in to an extremely hot shooting team. Get back to me in a few weeks if they are still getting shredded.

What did Toussaint do in the first two games that make you think he’s a steal?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I guess you could also interpret it as him giving Iowa one last chance to win him. You love places, things, and institutions like you do family -- they help define you, they provide meaning for you in life, and you become part of them yourself.

If Xavier really grew up a Hawkeye fan in a Hawkeye family with a grandfather that played for the black and gold, then leaving that all behind... and considering the nature of the rivalry, basically forsaking it... was not easy. I feel for the young man for that. Taking one last trip to Iowa City to give Iowa one last chance to change your mind, even if you know and feel that Iowa State's program, players, coaches, and its stronger links to the NBA are the better fit for you... I cannot blame him for it. It can be "win me" and "goodbye" at once.

I guess he might have been giving Iowa one last chance to win him over but, at the same time, I guess you could say it was kind of a wistful goodbye. The reports of him just walking around and taking it in sound like somebody thinking pretty deeply about a huge decision and/or trying to savor it before it is gone and no longer part of his life.

When I finished school and left Iowa to take my first real job, I cried twice driving to Boston. Once at the end of the driveway to the home I'd lived all of my 22 years, and again when I crossed the I-280 bridge leaving Iowa, knowing I would never come back the same person again. Leaving something like that which defines you behind is hard.

Realistically, you’ve probably got to know that when you go and play for the rival team, you’re never going to be able to call yourself a fan the same way again, no matter how hard you try.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Totally a coincidence Fran's teams always run into these buzzsaw games when they have a bunch of players who can't defend. Iowa made 4 more free throws than DePaul ATTEMPTED. This wasn't a fluke

• Agree
Reactions: CoKane

Help Support Us

Become a patron