Can Iowa State Win out now

blood94

May 10, 2010
I believe that iowa state will win out and be 8-4 for the season . Texas is very winnable , Kansas is well kansas, and K State is very up and down. Even though the losses have been close to be 8-4 for three years in a row is a great accomplishment. Anyone else have a comment?

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
I believe that iowa state will win out and be 8-4 for the season . Texas is very winnable , Kansas is well kansas, and K State is very up and down. Even though the losses have been close to be 8-4 for three years in a row is a great accomplishment. Anyone else have a comment?

Yes...but do you really think "Kansas is well Kansas..."? We will win, but wouldn't want to take it that lightly this year. And heck, KSU is playing better than most expected.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
It's possible. I said before the OU game that Campbell has the program to where they can compete with anyone, and sure enough they were right there with a chance to win it at the end. I'm nervous about the K State game but three in a row is for sure a possibility.

Gordyo5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 3, 2007
Glenwood, Ia
If the Oklahoma game can spark us to play full games there is no reason we couldn't end up 9-4 after the bowl game. K-State will be tough and I believe we should get a pretty winnable bowl game with the Big 12 probably getting left out of the playoff, everyone slides down a spot.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Thinking I'm gonna road trip it to Manhattan. Should be a fun atmosphere, have had good times with KSU fans. Most are like ISU fans. Appreciate when they get success and annoyed with instate rival.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Can? Yes.
Will? No.
This is the correct answer. We are certainly capable but considering all the mistakes in prior games (penalties, turnovers, not using running game) what is the likelihood we will avoid all those mistakes and win the last three - probably not likely.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
They CAN but it'll be tough and they need to figure out how to win a close game.

There's good in that they haven't played a complete game yet, but in November you start to wonder if that's going to happen.

• Agree
Reactions: cygrads

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Yes, if they play without the TOs or the penalties. And if Eisworth can play...that helps too.
No, if they don't.