STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
maybe yeah but trust me... the fans will be way more upset about this than the coaches are and they’re the ones that actually invested time and money into this.

ISU will be active on the mid year transfer market and in all likelihood will land a player better than Xavier, albeit a shorter cyclone career than he would’ve had.

You do know the prohm haters will pile on because of this.

gonna be a hoot.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
In all reality foster is a project and will probably take a few years to become a major contributor. With that said I’d love to have him on board and we need to start getting these guys within our own borders.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
In all reality foster is a project and will probably take a few years to become a major contributor. With that said I’d love to have him on board and we need to start getting these guys within our own borders.

Why do we need to get them? Our most successful run has been done without Iowa kids. Recruiting is the least of my worries.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
My question, I guess, is what kind of player is he? I don’t mean skill set, I mean, when healthy, is he a top level talent?

and conversely, how does the reality of what his talent lever align with his families perceptions of his talent level?

I would really like an answer to this from people that have seen him. I saw one game when he was a sophomore at the state tournament.

I know his recruiting also cooled off. And he was hurt over the summer.

I also remember Adam Woodbury winning mvp at the lebron camp too.

But what is his ceiling?

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
This will be a 5 or 6 man class for Iowa and even with XF is a mitigated disaster..

we are not done by any means.. would not surprise me at all to see us sneak in a mid year transfer..

don’t forget we have a sit out in Javon Johnson right now who will play a major role next year as well with 3 years left..

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
The continuing inability to land a top instate recruit means more than getting the actual player. It would be nice to get some momentum in that area as Lipseys recruitment heats up.

I guess I’m wondering who we lost? Weiskamp wasn’t going anywhere else but Iowa.

green wasn’t going anywhere else but Uni.

Lipsey won’t make any decisions based upon who these guys selected. He will consider his options, and go where he feels is best for him.