RECRUITING: Xavier Foster recaps official visit to Iowa State

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
For people like me who haven't followed every twist and turn of this...why exactly are we so confident that his narrowing his choices to ISU and Iowa means a sure thing for us?

1. He visits ISU very often.
2. Good relationship with current guys on the team
3. His GF currently attends ISU
4. His dad is a big fan of Prohm.
5. Iowa already has 4 commitments for that class.
6. Fran is a ****** coach
7. who'd want to play at that crap hole carver
8. Current ISU NBA players vs Iowa current NBA players isn't even a fair contest for Iowa.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
For people like me who haven't followed every twist and turn of this...why exactly are we so confident that his narrowing his choices to ISU and Iowa means a sure thing for us?
Well, there's this...
giphy.gif

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
Fosters worth is pretty simple. He's an elite rim protector. When I say elite I mean, he's going to be a millionaire playing the game of basketball if nothing else because dudes like him are rare defensively. I've talked with some college coaches about him...he's legit. Colleges were not looking at his HS stats at Osky...they were watching him against great competition at the AAU level and he did not disappoint. His offensive game, like a majority of bigs is raw and mostly untapped, loads of potential though which is true for most young bigs. He'd be a major 'get' for ISU and I hope he chooses the good guys.

This is about the only accurate post in this thread. I've seen XF play many times on the AAU circuit. He is an elite rim protector and defender. His ability on that end alone is worth being really excited if he signs.

He's also a really tall athletic player. Think about the side line ball screen offense we ran last year or the horns sets we ran the year before. Now replace Solo/Jacobson with a guy that plays much higher above the rim as the roller in those sets. He's also a decent shooter for his size and I think will develop into a nice shooter once he's in a college program for pick and pop situations.

He's not a guy that fills up the stat sheet on the offensive end right now. He's not a guy with a great back to the basket game. He might not ever be either. He still has elite value on a basketball team. There's reasons Clint Capela makes $15M in the league and Mo Bamba was a one and done sixth pick in the draft without showing a real skilled game on offense.

Also does anyone think that having to drive through What Cheer or not is a significant factor in a college recruitment decision process?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Why do Iowa fans continuously refer to XF as a Hawkeye legacy? They are literally the only people that say he grew up a Hawk fan.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I agree with that...and my point was that when on the cusp of gaining such a unique talent...it just seems something happens to prevent it. That is all...nothing related to this particular recruit or Iowa. Just many decades of following Iowa State.

This would make a lot more sense if Prohm hasn't already landed several big fish...

Reactions: cyfanatic

ISUTex

May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
How about this?

I'm friends with a person who coaches a sport at Oksy, and this person has been telling me for a couple of months now that XF is going to ISU. Got the same info from them yesterday. I'd say the chances are over 90%. Nothing is for sure though. :confused:

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
8. Current ISU NBA players vs Iowa current NBA players isn't even a fair contest for Iowa.

FIFY

1. Fran
2. Fran
3. Fran
4. Fran
5. Fran
6. Fran
7. Fran
8. Fran's $hitty kids

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Hok fans say he visits there often also.
Supposedly the same with Iowa.
I don't think this will be a factor at all.
I've heard the same thing with Fran.
Another non-factor.
No argument here.
See #6.
No argument here either.