SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
  • Agree
Reactions: Dormeezy

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Someone on the Hawk site said the majority at Cyclone Report (RIvals) All think he is going to Iowa. Is that true? I assumed most Iowa State fans are predicting Iowa State.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Predictable post in 5....4....3....2....1....

"This NBA roster thing is a big heaping spoonful of "who cares." Funny, I don't see virginia on here, which has been one of the best programs in the country the last several years. Funny, I don't see Michigan State on here, consistently one of the best programs in the country over the last 20 years. I don't see Louisville, or Gonzaga, or Syracuse.

I do see Texas, and UCLA, and Indiana, programs that get lots of high caliber players, but haven't been really good in about a decade. Call me a hater, but I don't think Texas did anything particularly special with Mo Bamba to put him in the NBA.

Finally, of ISU's 8 rostered players, only one plays meaningful minutes. This isn't like Iowa football alum who are pro-bowlers year in and year out.

This "but our NBA players" response is a shiny narrative that doesn't mean much when you look behind the gloss."

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Someone on the Hawk site said the majority at Cyclone Report (RIvals) All think he is going to Iowa. Is that true? I assumed most Iowa State fans are predicting Iowa State.

Who is even over at rivals anymore?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Who is even over at rivals anymore?

Some guy named "Loneclone" who posts on Iowa Rivals site. It's in the Foster thread. I went to see what they were thinking and he jumped on and said he don't come to Fanatic but Cyclone Report fans think he is going to Iowa.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Does Farmerclone still post there? I would be interested in hearing his thoughts.

Farmer is exclusively at 247. He has no inside knowledge. At least, he's not coming to the table with anything. Several other posters there are and it's quite the contrary of Cyclone Report (surprise, surprise).

Reactions: CloneLawman

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Some guy named "Loneclone" who posts on Iowa Rivals site. It's in the Foster thread. I went to see what they were thinking and he jumped on and said he don't come to Fanatic but Cyclone Report fans think he is going to Iowa.

Loneclone is a bozo.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Predictable post in 5....4....3....2....1....

"This NBA roster thing is a big heaping spoonful of "who cares." Funny, I don't see virginia on here, which has been one of the best programs in the country the last several years. Funny, I don't see Michigan State on here, consistently one of the best programs in the country over the last 20 years. I don't see Louisville, or Gonzaga, or Syracuse.

I do see Texas, and UCLA, and Indiana, programs that get lots of high caliber players, but haven't been really good in about a decade. Call me a hater, but I don't think Texas did anything particularly special with Mo Bamba to put him in the NBA.

Finally, of ISU's 8 rostered players, only one plays meaningful minutes. This isn't like Iowa football alum who are pro-bowlers year in and year out.

This "but our NBA players" response is a shiny narrative that doesn't mean much when you look behind the gloss."
This is one of the stupidest things I've ever read.. First of all, Louisville, MSU, Gonzaga, and Syracuse regularly put guys into the NBA and always have great recruiting classes. It's whether or not those guys actually continue to play in the league or if they choose to go elsewhere to play.

Comparing Iowa to those schools, or even using them as a justification is asinine and a slap in the face to those programs.

Second of all, it doesn't matter if some of our guys aren't seeing the floor in the NBA. Do you know how freaking hard it is to get minutes?? Only 15 guys are allowed on a roster, 5 get to play at a given time, and then you actually have to be good enough for the coach to even give you a shot at minutes. I'm not knocking Iowa for putting guys into the NFL, but it is much much easier to make an NFL roster and get snaps than it is to make an NBA roster and get minutes.