RECRUITING: Xavier Foster recaps official visit to Iowa State

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Is XF just taking the reins from Niang here or what's the deal? He's clearly made up his mind by now. The fact that he narrowed it down to two is hilarious. Just setting up the ultimate troll job here on the Hawks.

• Optimistic
  • Agree
Reactions: ATCy and GetAwesome

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
So I had to go take a peak at HR and HN...is there some area of those sites that I’m missing that is more in tune to recruiting? They don’t even seem to know that Providence just offered Ogundele. They’re really hitting Jerry Meyer’s Crystal Ball hard with Foster, that was put in over a year ago!

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
The school where I work is in the same conference as Osky. During lunch, I was sharing the news that Foster is down to EIU and ISU with a couple of my Hawkfan colleagues. One of them said that he talked with a friend who is friends of the Fosters and claimed that XF would NOT be choosing Iowa. Again, I trust Twins's sources over this one - but I believe this one to also be solid. Funny thing is, the other colleague (Hok alumnus) quickly brought up the fact that XF had foot surgery and that his recruitment has been "strange" and schools have backed away from him due to this injury. My interpretation: "You're pi$$ed about losing a recruiting battle to big brother & this explanation is just an excuse that you will use to push the narrative that FM backed away from recruiting Foster (i.e. 'we really didn't want him')." Usually this type of convo, coming from an alumnus, would have surprised me - but nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to Hokfan behavior.

Reactions: Cyder91

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I think it is the long-time Iowa State fan in me that still feels XF goes to Iowa! It just works that way right? Hope not...really want to see him develop into a big-time player in Ames!

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneCJ

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
The school where I work is in the same conference as Osky. During lunch, I was sharing the news that Foster is down to EIU and ISU with a couple of my Hawkfan colleagues. One of them said that he talked with a friend who is friends of the Fosters and claimed that XF would NOT be choosing Iowa. Again, I trust Twins's sources over this one - but I believe this one to also be solid. Funny thing is, the other colleague (Hok alumnus) quickly brought up the fact that XF had foot surgery and that his recruitment has been "strange" and schools have backed away from him due to this injury. My interpretation: "You're pi$$ed about losing a recruiting battle to big brother & this explanation is just an excuse that you will use to push the narrative that FM backed away from recruiting Foster (i.e. 'we really didn't want him')." Usually this type of convo, coming from an alumnus, would have surprised me - but nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to Hokfan behavior.

yeah but the printed story that Fran drove to Oskaloosa to personally tell the fosters he was taking comments from the Murray twins kind of shoots that idea down.

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: Cyder91 and Acylum

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
For people like me who haven't followed every twist and turn of this...why exactly are we so confident that his narrowing his choices to ISU and Iowa means a sure thing for us?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Not suggesting we lose them to Iowa necessarily...but if you don't think we have lost out on big-time recruits while feeling we are "this" close to snagging them...maybe we follow different programs?

I guess my point is that there is a significant difference between losing a big recruit because of shady practices opposed to losing a guy to Fran...

Reactions: NWICY and cyfanatic

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I guess my point is that there is a significant difference between losing a big recruit because of shady practices opposed to losing a guy to Fran...

I agree with that...and my point was that when on the cusp of gaining such a unique talent...it just seems something happens to prevent it. That is all...nothing related to this particular recruit or Iowa. Just many decades of following Iowa State.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneCJ

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron