CFTV: Matt Campbell press conference (pre Oklahoma State)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Didn’t watch but guess it’s the same as all the other games. Just saying.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I think like two-thirds of it is coach speak but the other stuff in there is usually really, really good stuff. If you ask him decent questions he usually gives pretty good answers. It's the stock, surface level stuff that drives him nuts and he will talk around. Which unfortunately is a lot of what we get on Tuesdays because it is the only Time the TV guys are around. It isn't their fault. Their audience isn't looking for in-depth answers to the SLB position or burning redshirts. But you guys are on this site because you are diehards, want/expect more out of it than the average 10 o'clock news viewer.

But I agree with @Aclone. When Campbell does say good stuff, it's usually really interesting.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
One fun little tidbit was his answer about Charlie Kolar. "Charlie thinks he is smarter than he is!" Campbell's personal relationships and ability to joke around, even trash talk with players seems really special. I would love for @ChrisMWilliams to explore this, maybe in an off-season interview.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I think like two-thirds of it is coach speak but the other stuff in there is usually really, really good stuff. If you ask him decent questions he usually gives pretty good answers. It's the stock, surface level stuff that drives him nuts and he will talk around. Which unfortunately is a lot of what we get on Tuesdays because it is the only Time the TV guys are around. It isn't their fault. Their audience isn't looking for in-depth answers to the SLB position or burning redshirts. But you guys are on this site because you are diehards, want/expect more out of it than the average 10 o'clock news viewer.

But I agree with @Aclone. When Campbell does say good stuff, it's usually really interesting.

This is good insight.