*** Official IOWA STATE VS Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Sam Mack and Larry E are nothing compared to these situations. The Penn State situation was decades long and systemic.
Not to mention you had the face of the university with the "solution" of not allowing Sandusky access to the PSU facilities so he could go rape little boys elsewhere, just so long as Paterno's program is not involved. Then you have fan bases outraged at both schools when Paterno and Briles are canned.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
That’s because you guys aren’t distinguishing .between the individuals involved, and the institution. The individuals responsible aren’t there any longer. Neither are the ones who covered it up.

Or would you like to be branded for Larry Eustachy’s shenanigans for the rest of your life? Just checking.

I could pull out ISU-related crap all the way back to Levin White and Sam Mack, if you prefer.

Your perspective makes as much sense as the idea that Enron shouldn't have been punished because some people didn't do anything, and in fact they should have had a wildly profitable few years immediately following the crimes they facilitated.

Reactions: isutrevman

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Difference is Penn state and Baylor the institutions covered up and enabled the activity. LE may have been known by the administration for a short period of time but they took action - PSU bad BU were caught or the activity would have continued. I know those folks who committed the crimes are gone but at what point do you hold the institution itself accountable? Years ago SMU was held accountable but not PSU or BU. Please don't equate what LE did to what PSU and BU did.

Also LE wasn't involved in a murder coverup, raping 50+ women and sexually abusing dozens of children all while being protected by the school and athletic department.

But other than that, yeah great comparison that a coach had a drinking problem.

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
This. We're playing very well. Winning games on the road in convincing fashion. We're fun to watch, with young, exciting players all over the field. We're about to be ranked, and have a great chance of finishing another October undefeated. These are the good times, folks. Look at your feet. The grass is pretty damned green, right now. We can and should still aspire to be more, but don't forget to enjoy where we are.

• Agree
Reactions: SCarolinaCy

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

Yep this is a great time to be a Cyclone. I love it. Our November and September records are well above historical program norms and we have threads complaining why they aren't better, since we sit alongside the best program in the nation with three seasons of perfect Octobers.

We have lots of disappointed fans that aren't happy with our coach that has a sweet 16 and 3/4 years in the tourney.

We have an AD that has a plan for development that would've seemed absolutely insane a few years ago.

There has never been a better time to be a Cyclone. So far...

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
Has ISU ever averaged 10+ ypp in a game before?

EDIT: nm silly me, I'm sure the ULM beats this one even just this season, since we didn't run 70 plays then. just seems like a big number! on a related note, can anyone recommend a doctor that can surgically remove my ISU-colored/alcohol-stained nutcup? FBOW, i'm not sure i'll be needing it anymore this year.
Drinking out of your nut cup?

• Funny
Reactions: cstrunk

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I had to work Saturday night so I was listening to the BU/OSU game via the OSU broadcast on Tune In. As the game got away from OSU it was interesting listening to the OSU guys. For guys who are supposed to be pumping shine they were getting pretty negative about their team. At times some of them seemed like they were ready to do something dangerous and harmful to themselves. Several times they talked about how they have ISU up next and were very positive about our program. I think one of the guys said something to the tune off "and now we have to go to Ames and play ISU"

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
I had to work Saturday night so I was listening to the BU/OSU game via the OSU broadcast on Tune In. As the game got away from OSU it was interesting listening to the OSU guys. For guys who are supposed to be pumping shine they were getting pretty negative about their team. At times some of them seemed like they were ready to do something dangerous and harmful to themselves. Several times they talked about how they have ISU up next and were very positive about our program. I think one of the guys said something to the tune off "and now we have to go to Ames and play ISU"
It could be a mixture of respect for the current state of our program, along with the fact that the Jack has a bit of a House of Horrors vibe for those guys. Even when our program wasn’t good, and completely ignoring 2011... we were a real tough out for them.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
That’s because you guys aren’t distinguishing .between the individuals involved, and the institution. The individuals responsible aren’t there any longer. Neither are the ones who covered it up.

Or would you like to be branded for Larry Eustachy’s shenanigans for the rest of your life? Just checking.

I could pull out ISU-related crap all the way back to Levin White and Sam Mack, if you prefer.
Hey, Larry had an eye for good looking coeds. What's wrong with that?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron