khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Got u fam

giphy.gif

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
What are we going to do next year when Lima and Johnson are gone? We have solid DEs for next year. Interior will be interesting.

Really need to land this guy:

https://247sports.com/Player/Latrell-Bankston-46050485/

He's putting up solid numbers @ an elite JuCo program and now has Auburn sniffing around.

Josh Bailey & Isaiah Lee need to step up or Willis Singleton contributes as a true freshman like Jamahl Johnson did. Tucker Robertson has essentially been moved to DE. Walk-on Kyle Krezek had a nice high school career @ Xavier, but needs to pound some iron & cheeseburgers.
And if all else fails, the staff will simply add a quality grad transfer, ala Pettway. No prob.

• Optimistic
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I thought Braxton Lewis played a great game. He's such a solid player. Good to see him healthy again. It just seems like eventually, he's going to read the play and end up with a pick.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I thought Braxton Lewis played a great game. He's such a solid player. Good to see him healthy again. It just seems like eventually, he's going to read the play and end up with a pick.

A full gif of him picking WV's play on his pick would be pretty great. Rotated around a few seconds before the ball was snapped.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
View attachment 67581

I first saw that photo in the Sunday paper.

I had and continue to have the same reaction .

"Holy ****, those two dudes are back ups".

Those are two big dudes. Peterson is a guy who ALWAYS ends up at UI killing it. We are extremely lucky that he's a legacy. They got the 4 star Waggoner instead.

• Winner
Reactions: skibumspe

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
During his interview with Chris, CMC said he had 70 players travel to WV. 67 of them played in the game. That is some serious depth. Multiple players contribute.

Last edited:

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
During his interview with Chris, CMC said he had 70 players travel to WV. 67 of them played in the game. That is some serious depth. Multiple players contribute.

I heard that. I almost don't believe that number. Has to pay off in the future, too.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I heard that. I almost don't believe that number. Has to pay off in the future, too.

The "4 free games" rule has bumped up participation numbers.

Before that, ISU's season participation list would only have about 65 different guys total. (Of course, some of that was lack of depth and no blowouts.) Last year, I think the number was ~80 who played in at least 1 game.