Role players were huge today

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Jamahl Johnson has been better than Lima this season, and Petersen has been better than Bailey was as well IMO.

I'm not sure that Bailey ever looked 100% before, even before he got injured this season.... and I'm not sure if Lima is either?

I also agree that Zach Petersen is going to be really special. He already is. He's just everywhere.... has those instincts.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Lima is great as an anchor in the middle of the defense but Johnson is more explosive.

Petersen is legit, Leo has been improving, Uwazerikae (sp) is solid like always.

Love the depth we have at D-line - crazy that the all-time sack leader at ISU gets injured and we still have arguably the best D line in the conference and a legit top 15 d line nationally.

That’s what “building a program” looks like.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
He is just as good as Lima.
I've been calling for a Jamahl Johnson breakout since he was a So. He always showed flashes, but now he is putting it all together. Most impressive to me were two plays yesterday where he read screen right away, peeled off and disrupted the play.
There are plays Jamahl can make that no one else on this team can make. Dude has figured it out and might get himself drafted.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Jamal and Anthony Johnson have been very solid for us. Bickham and Young need to step it up. Obviously were still pretty thin at DB. Pass D will need to play very well the next month of the season.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
What are we going to do next year when Lima and Johnson are gone? We have solid DEs for next year. Interior will be interesting.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
I've been calling for a Jamahl Johnson breakout since he was a So. He always showed flashes, but now he is putting it all together. Most impressive to me were two plays yesterday where he read screen right away, peeled off and disrupted the play.
There are plays Jamahl can make that no one else on this team can make. Dude has figured it out and might get himself drafted.

Also, just reminding us all of his super-intense commitment photo:

attachment.php

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
It's been working well with 3 down lineman, with how well johnson has been I always wonder what we'd look like with Petersen, Johnson, Lima, and Uwarzike out there more often.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

i just want to add that Johnson was really good last year too. I think he’s had it together for awhile - great DT.

• Agree
Reactions: skibumspe

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I love how CMC seems to watch everyone at all times. You practice hard and well, you play, if you having a good game you play more. Keeps guys hungry.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: skibumspe

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron