El Camino

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I liked it. I don't want to spoil it for anyone so I'll just say it was satisfying closure for a BB character who kind of got shoved aside in the series finale.

Vince Gilligan did it up right.
We'll watch it tonight around 8:30 after the kid is asleep.

I've been on Twitter all day and have been able to avoid spoilers. I saw some headlines that were vague enough that they didn't spoil anything. They said Gilligan did great again. IMDB had it at 8.8/10 a couple hours ago after 9500 votes.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Just finished it.

it was really good. Much more, I don’t know, mellow than BB? Yet has plenty of action - just has a ton of flashbacks. Ties up a lot of questions, the flashbacks were with almost everyone we wanted to see. Paul does a really good job with it - you see a guy who is broken and rebuilding with PTSD.

Dont want to do any spoilers.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
The ending credits feature Aimee Mann on the song and it is great.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I think Todd got a little pudgy since Breaking Bad finished.

Isn’t he married or engaged to Kirsten Dunst after Fargo s2?

He was looking a bit chubbier. Paul’s face is fuller, and you could definitely see the age on some of the older characters. (Robert Forster just passed. ) But it is sort of like BCS where you have to suspend your disbelief about Saul’s and Mike’s ages.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Title's kinda dumb IMO for reasons I don't want to get into because spoilers, but the movie itself was solid. Must watch if you're a Breaking Bad and/or Better Call Saul fan.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Isn’t he married or engaged to Kirsten Dunst after Fargo s2?

He was looking a bit chubbier. Paul’s face is fuller, and you could definitely see the age on some of the older characters. (Robert Forster just passed. ) But it is sort of like BCS where you have to suspend your disbelief about Saul’s and Mike’s ages.
...and Krysten Ritter is still gorgeous...

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
I would guess they shot this movie not too long after he shot the Black Mirror episode. He was a little heavy and pasty in that, too. He's also one hell of a character actor.

I would love it if we had a Black Mirror thread. There might not be enough interest on here to support one, but I could talk about that show forever.

Not every episode is a slam dunk, but the overall product is better than 99% of anything on TV. It's incredible.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron