Grass Lots for TCU

JY07

Aug 20, 2009
DSM
The AD sent out an email a few minutes ago saying the grass lots will be closed, but I don't see any announcements elsewhere about it

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Ours was sent to Sukup ticket holders. Maybe they're using different lists:

The Cyclones are back at home this Saturday in MidAmerican Energy Field at Jack Trice Stadium against the TCU Horned Frogs. The game will kick off at 11:00am and will be aired on ESPN2. Stadium gates and the Sukup End Zone Club will both open at 9:30am.
Parking lots will open at the following times on Saturday:

• Cyclone Club/Donor Lots:
    • Cars – Saturday at 5:00am
    • RVs – Friday from 8:00am – midnight; Saturday at 5:00am
  • Public Lots:
    • RVs – Jeff and Deb Hansen Agriculture Student Learning Center Lot: Friday from 5:00pm – 10:00pm; Saturday at 5:00am
    • All other public lots and vehicles – Follow posted regulations at all local and campus parking lots.
  • Due to recent rainfall in the Ames area, along with forecasted rain in the upcoming days, the Iowa State Athletics Department has announced that all grass lots surrounding MidAmerican Energy Field at Jack Trice Stadium are closed for Saturday's game vs. TCU.
o Patrons with G7 parking passes will be re-routed to the paved lots at Vet Med.

o There will be NO public parking at Vet Med.

• Public parking for RVs will be directed to the Jeff and Deb Hansen Agriculture Student Learning Center (2508 Mortensen Rd). The Iowa State Block and Bridle Club will be operating parking in this lot. RV parking will be $60, and car parking will be $20. The lot will be available for RVs from 5:00 p.m.- 10:00 p.m. on Friday and reopen at 5:00 a.m. on Saturday for all vehicles. All RVs will need to be out of the lot by 10:00 a.m. on Sunday morning. If you have questions about parking in this lot, you can contact the Block and Bridle Club at 712-330-2727.
o General public parking will be available on campus, and we suggest parking at the following areas: Memorial Union parking ramp or Gerdin Business Building East Parking Deck. Please be sure to follow posted regulations at all campus parking lots. A campus parking map can be found here.

o Fans are also encouraged to check the Cy-Ride website for other parking and transit options.

A parking map can be found by clicking HERE.

For additional Cyclone gameday information, please check out Gameday Central HERE.

Thank you for your loyal support of Cyclone Football!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I love how usually a forecast can ebb and flow throughout a week but 10/5 has been stuck on rainy all week, and it's between two decent forecasts on either side.

bclewis05

Feb 6, 2013
I've parked at the Agriculture Student Learning Center for both Iowa and ULM, it's an easy walk and you can tailgate in the lot.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Some of my fondest memories of G7 were sitting in our truck and watching people drive to drive out of the mud pit.

Maybe it's the farm kid in me, but most people don't know how to drive in the snow or mud. :confused:

Spinning your wheels = bad.;)

Reactions: CYdTracked

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
Can this season have worse FB weather?

Iowa game -- horrid
Louisiana-Monroe --- horrid
Baylor --- stifling oppressive dangerous heat

Ames forecast next 6 days? ?

~ Friday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday -- SUNNY
~ Saturday? 90% chance of rain

I loved the grass field for 20 years. I have done a 180 degree turn. Get field turf please

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Can this season have worse FB weather?

I loved the grass field for 20 years. I have done a 180 degree turn. Get field turf please
If the field does get a good amount of rain Saturday I can only imagine what condition it will be in afterwards. I guess one good thing is they would have 3 weeks before the next home game to try and get it back into decent condition.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
The first half of Lousiana Monroe wasn't bad at all.

I mean it wasn’t awful compared to what they were predicting. But it was depressingly dark and damp.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
If the field does get a good amount of rain Saturday I can only imagine what condition it will be in afterwards. I guess one good thing is they would have 3 weeks before the next home game to try and get it back into decent condition.

99% chance of this being a dumb question but...is that enough time to tear it up and put a new one down?

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
99% chance of this being a dumb question but...is that enough time to tear it up and put a new one down?
Yeah you could if you want to spend the $$$. Don't believe it would be cheap though. NFL teams redo their sod if needed quite a bit. Especially down the middle of the field.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

It's already in pretty bad shape. CW was talking about it on KXNO last night when they had John Walters on.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It's already in pretty bad shape. CW was talking about it on KXNO last night when they had John Walters on.

We’re going to lose our coach because of the ******* climate change, aren’t we?!?

• Disagree
Reactions: NWICY

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Yeah you could if you want to spend the $$$. Don't believe it would be cheap though. NFL teams redo their sod if needed quite a bit. Especially down the middle of the field.

It can be tricky though. Sometimes replacing mid year makes it worse especially with more rain. Hard rock stadium in Miami has done it and one year the NFL almost moved the game due to how poor the field was.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron