*** Official IOWA STATE VS Baylor Game(Day) Thread ***

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
That was the right call. Hitting the kicking leg is a 5 yarder; hitting the plant leg is a 15 yarder.

I think he's referring to when we were fielding a punt. We waved for a fair catch, but bobbled it. Baylor hit us and were flagged for it.

CyFanInChiLand

Jul 14, 2009
New Orleans
Sure, but the current identity of ISU football has nothing to do with the Iowa game.

Well that's just wrong. The current identity of ISU football has everything to do with the Iowa game, along with each and every other game. The team is judged nationally based on who we beat and who we dont. Itd be nice to have an identity that says 'Better than Iowa' now and again as opposed to 'they're alright, but 2nd fiddle in their state'.

Living in SEC country it's very interesting seeing the identity we have

• Agree
Reactions: Tornado man

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I hope we kill him
giphy.gif

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Well that's just wrong. The current identity of ISU football has everything to do with the Iowa game, along with each and every other game. The team is judged nationally based on who we beat and who we dont. Itd be nice to have an identity that says 'Better than Iowa' now and again as opposed to 'they're alright, but 2nd fiddle in their state'.

Beating Iowa would be fun...but CMC's name is out there because of other games.

• Agree
Reactions: INTENSE_CY

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You're wrong. In the event of a muffed punt, where a fair catch has been signaled, the receiver is allowed an opportunity to recover without being touched. The call was correct.

I actually really appreciated the explanation in the call.

Kind of a 'that's the rule. Deal with it' approach.

• Agree
Reactions: cygrads

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
You're wrong. In the event of a muffed punt, where a fair catch has been signaled, the receiver is allowed an opportunity to recover without being touched. The call was correct.

Yeah, the ref actually did a fantastic job at detailing out the call for everyone. I don’t know how you could listen to that detail and then think the call was wrong.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Baylor has finished well ahead of us in the recruiting rankings for the last few years. Talent is a wash at best. We have superior coaching - usually.
Oh, okay. I'll temper my expectations to comport with our recruiting rankings.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Yeah, the ref actually did a fantastic job at detailing out the call for everyone. I don’t know how you could listen to that detail and then think the call was wrong.
For the first time ever, I thought Mike Defee's crew called a good game yesterday. Yes it was good he explained the call because Rhule didn't understand it (not surprised). The only iffy call IMHO was the offensive PI where I can kind of see why they called it (but more often than not it probably isn't called).

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX

Agree 100% and the difference in that play and the one later with the BU bobble at the scoreboard end was that the ball hit the ground, making him fair game.
People boo out of emotion way more than they do out of knowledge.

For the first time ever, I thought Mike Defee's crew called a good game yesterday. Yes it was good he explained the call because Rhule didn't understand it (not surprised). The only iffy call IMHO was the offensive PI where I can kind of see why they called it (but more often than not it probably isn't called).

I've always liked him...there are way worse doing Big XII games.... my Sis in law hates him with the heat of 1000 suns.... agree also on the OPI.... it was, but it is usually not called... I wondered about the review on the boundary where BU bobbled it... I haven't checked the DVR yet but on the screen in the stadium thought he caught it the second time with his right foot in and his left foot in the air still...

Overall, the crew did a good job.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

I live in big 10 country outside of Iowa and both ISU and Iowa have no identity.

• Winner
Reactions: FinalFourCy

CyFanInChiLand

Jul 14, 2009
New Orleans
I live in big 10 country outside of Iowa and both ISU and Iowa have no identity.

Lucky you! If I had a dollar for everytime I was told 'Oh the Hawkeyes' only to get a bewildered look when I explain we are the Cyclone I'd have enough to cover my bar tabs for the season. People dont know much about Iowa either but they know nothing about Iowa State here in Louisiana (and Mississippi for that matter). The only way to change that is by winning, and Iowa happens to be on our schedule every year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron