*** Official IOWA STATE VS Baylor Game(Day) Thread ***

VegasCy

Dec 16, 2018
This game felt like the TCU game last year, we came back to tie it only to lose. The season felt like it was over and the next week we won at OSU and we were off and running. Hopefully, we beat TCU next week and the same thing happens. IMO, beat TCU, split Texas and KSU equals an 8-4 record, sweep them and it’s 9-3.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Honestly, this was exactly like the Iowa game. Struggled on offense most of the game, then finally take the lead, and the defense lets the other team go on a long drive to end the game on a FG. Frustrated with the offense, but, man the defense needs to make those critical stops, or catch the INTs that they have a chance at.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Getting shut out against Baylor for a half shouldn’t happen even if we are at a talent disadvantage.

Nope.

Can't basically shot put a pass like Purdy did on that interception or block a defender from a route tree like Kolar did to kill drives.

• Winner
Reactions: khardbored

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
This game felt like the TCU game last year, we came back to tie it only to lose. The season felt like it was over and the next week we won at OSU and we were off and running. Hopefully, we beat TCU next week and the same thing happens. IMO, beat TCU, split Texas and KSU equals an 8-4 record, sweep them and it’s 9-3.

Well we did have the QB switch after the TCU game and I don't expect that we'll have a big personnel move this year.

Who knows what will happen? My gut has been that we are due for a course correct after the last 2 seasons. But hopefully I am wrong.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
That last drive was not the defense doing its job.

I don't know why people aren't seeing that.

Yes, ISU didn't score much but if that had been a shoot out ISU would still need a stop late on defense.
Lolz. Zero points. Zero F :)CKING points in the first half. They held Iowa to 18 points. This team has a winning problem and it AIN'T the defense.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO and BoxsterCy

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Did they tell you that over beers? I have had experience with a lot of former players that loved playing for him, but none of them ever said he was a good coach, let alone great.

And you never did answer the question. Do you think he was a great coach?
Like who? Come on, let's hear it.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
But is that very different than any coach? That's the thing. We can't expect him to be perfect.
The difference is the things he’s really good at are exactly what we need and if he could just be average at things like starting seasons, offensive line play and other major problem areas we will take that next step. Until then we will win between 5-8 games and be really dependent on luck.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
The difference is the things he’s really good at are exactly what we need and if he could just be average at things like starting seasons, offensive line play and other major problem areas we will take that next step. Until then we will win between 5-8 games and be really dependent on luck.

He's still a young coach. I just have faith he'll improve. Coaches have improved without showing as much good as Campbell has.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
He's still a young coach. I just have faith he'll improve. Coaches have improved without showing as much good as Campbell has.
RIght but this is also year 4. I’m in no way saying I’m disappointed with where we are at but I do think we need to take a long look at our offensive situation. We not only have a talent gap but major scheme issues as well. We are wasting our best defenses with some really inconsistent offenses

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
RIght but this is also year 4. I’m in no way saying I’m disappointed with where we are at but I do think we need to take a long look at our offensive situation. We not only have a talent gap but major scheme issues as well. We are wasting our best defenses with some really inconsistent offenses

Yes, but if you listen to people on here, the previous coach left him with jack ****. So we should be saying it is ONLY year 4. ;)

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
We can't beat good defenses. Campbell has beaten one team with a top 50 defense. Something to the tune of 1-10. Totally inexcusable.

I don't know about that.