*** Official IOWA STATE VS Baylor Game(Day) Thread ***

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Just can’t sleepwalk like they did again. Kicking game is an issue. Someone needs to step up at running back. Defense is really good, but still you have to score more points than we are. They are bend and not break and sometimes you can’t even bend. Defense is good enough to keep them in games but they aren’t good enough in the secondary to shut teams down either. Not in this league. Most games you are going to need 35 points from here on out to have a chance.

Outside of Kansas and Oklahoma I think every game is a toss up, so somehow have to get 4 wins, eliminate these mistakes and get to six wins somehow.

Today was a crushing loss, Tcu is a must win now. Just have to have it.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
This game felt like the TCU game last year, we came back to tie it only to lose. The season felt like it was over and the next week we won at OSU and we were off and running. Hopefully, we beat TCU next week and the same thing happens. IMO, beat TCU, split Texas and KSU equals an 8-4 record, sweep them and it’s 9-3.
Difference last year after TCU was that it was glaringly obvious we were weak at qb then we revealed Purdy. This year, we have our qb. Who we unleashing to give this offense a major boost?

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
Nope.

Can't basically shot put a pass like Purdy did on that interception or block a defender from a route tree like Kolar did to kill drives.
That OPI was horse ****.. the defender instigated contact and held onto Kolar, if anything it should have been a holding call on Baylor. That's why Campbell was actually yelling at the refs for once, and was even drawing the play explaining it later it looked like.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Lolz. Zero points. Zero F :)CKING points in the first half. They held Iowa to 18 points. This team has a winning problem and it AIN'T the defense.

Gave up a scoring drive at the end the 1st half.

Same thing happened in the Iowa game.

The defense is part of the winning problem. All 3 phases have been subpar in late situations.

VegasCy

Dec 16, 2018
Difference last year after TCU was that it was glaringly obvious we were weak at qb then we revealed Purdy. This year, we have our qb. Who we unleashing to give this offense a major boost?
We’ve lost 2 games by 3 points. One to the 14th ranked team in the country and the other on the road, in tough conditions, to a team who will be bowling. Our tough games are at home, except for OU and KSU. I think we need to pause on the meltdown for at least 2 conference games.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
We’ve lost 2 games by 3 points. One to the 14th ranked team in the country and the other on the road, in tough conditions, to a team who will be bowling. Our tough games are at home, except for OU and KSU. I think we need to pause on the meltdown for at least 2 conference games.

The optimistic rating is for thinking this group of people aren’t going to be participating in a full fledge, Sky is falling meltdown all week.

Taz4President

Oct 3, 2013
Austin TX
Don’t ever Confuse me saying the better team (us) SHOULD’VE won with saying the better team deserved to win but lost. I believe we’re better than Baylor, but we lost. I didn’t say we deserved to win, we don’t deserve anything other than what we earn. We didn’t earn this win, but don’t ever “suggest” to me that we deserved a win and should get a participation trophy you piece of ****. Don’t mock my statement for simply misunderstanding it
Why are ‘we’ the ‘better’ team? We have a bigger stadium? We have a better fan base? We’re just ‘better’?

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Fair enough. But some of us were hoping for a next level jump in this season. And we weren't alone. Plenty of publications had us third in the league and a sexy darkhorse to make the championship game. I'll never complain about going to a bowl, any bowl. But clearly this team isn't going to live up to the hype. I wish just ONCE we would.