Bowen Born

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
The real over arching thing here for me is that Bowen is an exciting offensive talent that will have that drilled out of him real quick and will just end up as another UNI robot. That’s why I wouldn’t want my kid to play at UNI.

This, to me, is why Drake makes more sense. It sort of feels like Drake is going to start gaining on UNI and hopefully overtaking then in the coming seasons.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Bowen isn’t an ISU alum. His dad is and that’s great but you’re saying he shouldn’t go to a very successful mid major program where his family can see him play because his dad is an ISU alum?

I want to clarify i dislike uni and all their pantherhawk fans as much as the next guy but i just don’t think Bowen or Mike did anything wrong choosing to go to uni. Saying he has some loyalty to ISU because his dad played here is stupid.

I don't think he did anything wrong and I think he'll do great at UNI (and I'm glad we don't have to play him).

Who knows if Bowen grew up an Iowa State fan? Lord knows that all of our previous coaches did not do a good job keeping former players invested. I do think that if I was in high school and had grown up a die hard fan of any school, I would strongly consider walking on to that school rather than going to another one. But not everyone would make that decision.

It would be nice, though, if there were more players that grew up wanting to be Cyclones. Allen Lazard was one that picked Iowa State because he grew up loving Iowa State.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I would have advised him to walkon at ISU or accept a scholarship at an out of state school. No consideration to Uni, Drake or Iowa.

This is one of the more absurdly stupid things I've seen on Cy Fan in a long time. You seriously would dissuade your child from going to a school they want to go to all in the name of some rivalry, which is completely non-existent as it applies to Drake and UNI?

Awesome perspective...

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I don't think he did anything wrong and I think he'll do great at UNI (and I'm glad we don't have to play him).

Who knows if Bowen grew up an Iowa State fan? Lord knows that all of our previous coaches did not do a good job keeping former players invested. I do think that if I was in high school and had grown up a die hard fan of any school, I would strongly consider walking on to that school rather than going to another one. But not everyone would make that decision.

It would be nice, though, if there were more players that grew up wanting to be Cyclones. Allen Lazard was one that picked Iowa State because he grew up loving Iowa State.

That has been becoming better, though. Remember this family?

phillips_and_conditt_11-09_640x360_1092517443736.jpg

Reactions: jcyclonee

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I'm so glad that you aren't Brock Purdy's Dad...and 1000s of others, over the years.

Reading comprehension try it. I was referring to instate schools. Last time I checked Brock was from Arizona and Iowa State isn't in Arizona.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Reading comprehension try it. I was referring to instate schools. Last time I checked Brock was from Arizona and Iowa State isn't in Arizona.
Fair enough. I still couldn't disagree more but that's OK.

Help Support Us

Become a patron