Bowen Born

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Maybe it's just me, but as a alum and a letterwinner I'd rather pay my kids way and have them walkon than go to another in state school on scholly.
Nah, makes sense to me. You have a stronger connection to ISU athletics than most of us do.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Maybe it's just me, but as a alum and a letterwinner I'd rather pay my kids way and have them walkon than go to another in state school on scholly.

As a parent though would you rather see your kid actually play for an in state rival for a high character, successful coach or ride the bench at your alma mater? He’ll play for the panthers, I dont know if he’d ever see meaningful minutes at ISU unless he hit a growth spurt.

Im not a parent so maybe i don’t offer the best perspective but i think I’d rather see my kid have a successful and meaningful college career even if it meant at a “rival” if they didn’t have the same opportunity at ISU.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
As a parent though would you rather see your kid actually play for an in state rival for a high character, successful coach or ride the bench at your alma mater? He’ll play for the panthers, I dont know if he’d ever see meaningful minutes at ISU unless he hit a growth spurt.

Im not a parent so maybe i don’t offer the best perspective but i think I’d rather see my kid have a successful and meaningful college career even if it meant at a “rival” if they didn’t have the same opportunity at ISU.

And UNI isn’t even really a rival. They are just “there”. We don’t even play them anymore do we?

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006

Loyal sons forever true!

If the issue is you wouldn't get playing time at ISU, there are plenty of other mid major schools in surrounding states, it doesn't have to be UNI.

I really don't care what Born does, but for me personally screw Iowa and Purple Iowa in all ways always and forever.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Loyal sons forever true!

If the issue is you wouldn't get playing time at ISU, there are plenty of other mid major schools in surrounding states, it doesn't have to be UNI.

I really don't care what Born does, but for me personally screw Iowa and Purple Iowa in all ways always and forever.

Bowen isn’t an ISU alum. His dad is and that’s great but you’re saying he shouldn’t go to a very successful mid major program where his family can see him play because his dad is an ISU alum?

I want to clarify i dislike uni and all their pantherhawk fans as much as the next guy but i just don’t think Bowen or Mike did anything wrong choosing to go to uni. Saying he has some loyalty to ISU because his dad played here is stupid.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

I would have advised him to walkon at ISU or accept a scholarship at an out of state school. No consideration to Uni, Drake or Iowa.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
The real over arching thing here for me is that Bowen is an exciting offensive talent that will have that drilled out of him real quick and will just end up as another UNI robot. That’s why I wouldn’t want my kid to play at UNI.