Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Watching Last Chance U and the coach made them stay on the practice field until the storm was less than 8 miles away. Rhoads would have kept going. Then he said "get their ******* helmets out of their hands so they don't get hit by lightning." oh yeah because that will help a lot. Also your support staff hates you for not caring about them out in the storm and likely at least a few up in lifts. Been there done that.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Husband with the wise quote last night:
"Walking/navigating the crowd at the fair is like chess.Aways having to think three moves ahead."

I don't know how I do it, but walking around the fair I have to keep one eye on my kids, one eye on the crowd to maneuver and one eye on my wife to figure out where we're going because she's always 10-20 feet in front and walking way faster than anyone in our group.
It is exhausting...

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Phones, instant messaging, conference calls, emails.
To me it seems communication is lost in the glut of unnecessary information. How many conference calls do you need?

• Winner
Reactions: SCyclone

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Tuesday, my daughter sits down to eat and randomly says, "I want to go to the Iowa State Fair for my birthday." She's never been there, nor has she ever mentioned it in the past.

My exact reaction:
giphy.webp

I can only assume she has an ulterior motive. She is friends with our college friend's daughter that lives in Altoona and has probably been texting her for the past few months to try to figure out a way to get together.

To add to the fun, she has a soccer game tomorrow night at 6:30.

My day tomorrow will be:
- work for 10 hours
- rush home, scoop up the offspring and head to her soccer game (about an hour of Friday rush-hour traffic)
- leave game and drive 3-3.5 hours to my sister's house in Urbandale
- drink a well-deserved beer

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Interesting day.
The 3rd job is probably a go, but the hours are probably minimal. I can do it mostly while Z is in school, so that's good.

ISU in the fall is probably not a go. Almost certainly is a go for the spring.
DMACC is still a go for fall, but they cancelled the only class below mine for enrollment this morning.
Restaurant still on. Good chance of 3 jobs this fall, with the glory of 4 in the spring. I guess that's something.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Daughter wanted to go to the fair on Friday, but she has the last day of school soccer tryouts on Thursday night and if she makes JV or Varsity they leave for a weekend camp Friday morning. If she makes one of the freshman teams they don't go to camp. We decided we will go down to Iowa Friday afternoon or evening and maybe go to the fair on Saturday.

Saturday ISF can't be any worse than a weekday at the Minnesota State Fair, can it? :eek:

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Friday I’m supposed to take my mom to a care center and then Wednesday take my oldest to college. This is going to be one rough week.
I've been wondering what was happening with her. Don't envy you at all with your mom's situation; just know that eventually you'll be okay with both absences.

• Friendly
Reactions: BCClone

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I don't know how I do it, but walking around the fair I have to keep one eye on my kids, one eye on the crowd to maneuver and one eye on my wife to figure out where we're going because she's always 10-20 feet in front and walking way faster than anyone in our group.
It is exhausting...
That is quite the mental picture....

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I've never been to the Iowa State Fair but when we were younger we would go to some of the county fairs in New Hampshire and Vermont. Favorite part was when they would bring out the draft horses to do the sled pulling competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.