Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Anaconda is playing on one of the EPIX channels. Jennifer Lopez's face is almost an entirely different shape than it is today.

plastic-surgery-meme1.gif

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Is this guy really a big draw? Do you get up in the morning and say to yourself I have to get down to see this guy that works in a pawn shop?

Capture.JPG

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Are you in line at the DMV, holding for Sprint customer service, or trying to get around downtown Kansas City right now?
In any case, it's good practice for trying to get somewhere on the grounds during the Iowa State Fair.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: oldman and SCyclone

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
After they fired my co-worker last week, I pillaged her electronic stapler. It's now plugged in and residing on my desk. My observations:

1. I have finally "made it"
2. I genuinely feel lazier for having it
3. For something that dispenses 1/2 inch pieces of metal, it's the size of a Volkswagen bug
4. Despite not being able to slide a finger underneath, I feel like I will inevitably injure myself somehow
5. My carbon footprint just grew a size for no real reason
6. I rarely staple anything
7. It's loud, but not loud enough to drown out my idiot co-workers on the opposite side of the cube
8. It's not the most useless or strange thing on my desk (that would be a seashell I got from Myrtle Beach when I was 10)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
After they fired my co-worker last week, I pillaged her electronic stapler. It's now plugged in and residing on my desk. My observations:

3. For something that dispenses 1/2 inch pieces of metal, it's the size of a Volkswagen bug
4. Despite not being able to slide a finger underneath, I feel like I will inevitably injure myself somehow
7. It's loud, but not loud enough to drown out my idiot co-workers on the opposite side of the cube
8. It's not the most useless or strange thing on my desk (that would be a seashell I got from Myrtle Beach when I was 10)

In the first hour I would have: seen how many staples I could do in 10 seconds, how many staples can fit in a page without bending the paper. How many pages it could staple, how many staples it holds (would probably run out while I’m doing this stuff), how far I can get the staples to shoot if bottom is not attached right and how far it would drive a staple into my finger (not on purpose).

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

I like your stream of consciousness on this. :)

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The number of my friends who have turned into old people kinda depresses me. 60 being the new 40 my ass. Damn, 60 be the new 75 for some. :(

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I find MRI's strangely relaxing. Too noisy to actually doze off but enjoyed the music. The music channel i picked for it today delivered. Had not heard this Chrissie Hynde and The Pretenders song in like forever.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Fingers crossed. :)

Trick, of course, is that there are still 90 billion U.S.history PhDs looking for about 8 jobs. That's some math I can't really change.
But, that said, about 3 of us would be military vets, and I'd likely be the only former officer. Virginia Military Institute might think that's important?

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
In the first hour I would have: seen how many staples I could do in 10 seconds, how many staples can fit in a page without bending the paper. How many pages it could staple, how many staples it holds (would probably run out while I’m doing this stuff), how far I can get the staples to shoot if bottom is not attached right and how far it would drive a staple into my finger (not on purpose).

I may actually be anxious to go to work tomorrow now.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Zoo Day! The weather was great. The library pass also included the membership discount for everything!

We learned that going early was bad because most of the animals were not out until 11 or so.

The coolest part aside from the train ride was when the lioness stopped on the ledge of the viewing window for a bit. Too short to get a picture of Z right next to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron