Last Chance U - Netflix Documentary

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I thought the worst part of Jason Brown besides all his nonsense was him getting mad at players and just cutting them. Like they were in the NFL. These are kids he recruited to come to the school, they pay the money to attend, then he just cuts them if they don't have a good practice. I didn't even realize you could just cut a kid.

I would like to see them move next year to Gardner CC. That coach is crazy also, but seems to run a better program.

Is that the guy who told his DB he got beat for a TD because he didn't tuck his shirt in?

His particular brand of hypocrisy would wear on me. He's losing his mind because it's disrespectful to not hand the ball to the refs meanwhile he's a raging ******* to everyone within 10 yards of him.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Is that the guy who told his DB he got beat for a TD because he didn't tuck his shirt in?

His particular brand of hypocrisy would wear on me. He's losing his mind because it's disrespectful to not hand the ball to the refs meanwhile he's a raging ******* to everyone within 10 yards of him.
At least Brown knows he's an ***hole and is an ***hole 24/7, the Garden City coach talked in the interviews about how he and his program act better than Indy and Brown until the game started and he started picking fights and yelling obscenities. He turned into an exact copy of Brown once the game started.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
At least Brown knows he's an ***hole and is an ***hole 24/7, the Garden City coach talked in the interviews about how he and his program act better than Indy and Brown until the game started and he started picking fights and yelling obscenities. He turned into an exact copy of Brown once the game started.

Total hypocrite. You could tell that coach HATED Brown and all the attention the Indy program has gotten. The way he acted after the game was embarrassing.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006

Yep, and that's why that would be a fun season. The coach is a total walking Hypocracy. So it would be fun to watch over the course of the season.

BTW does all college football have the rule that you can't say the "N" word or you will be ejected or is that just JUCO

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Yep, and that's why that would be a fun season. The coach is a total walking Hypocracy. So it would be fun to watch over the course of the season.

BTW does all college football have the rule that you can't say the "N" word or you will be ejected or is that just JUCO
I think the vulgarity rule is in D1 as well. I’d imagine the consistency in calling it is the biggest issue.

One thing I wish they would expand one but likely won’t is the recruiting out of jc. I’m guessing most recruiters don’t want to be on camera though you see a few every season. That one kid asking for bag money 2 seasons ago (?) didn’t help that

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I think the vulgarity rule is in D1 as well. I’d imagine the consistency in calling it is the biggest issue.

One thing I wish they would expand one but likely won’t is the recruiting out of jc. I’m guessing most recruiters don’t want to be on camera though you see a few every season. That one kid asking for bag money 2 seasons ago (?) didn’t help that

What school was that guy from? The guy who offered money?

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Total hypocrite. You could tell that coach HATED Brown and all the attention the Indy program has gotten. The way he acted after the game was embarrassing.
Just caught this episode last night. Garden City CC coach was introduced as such a reasonable but strict guy... All of that disappeared come game time. He railed on and on about Indy just wanting to be on TV... It's pretty clear he would/did enjoy it this time around, too.

• Agree
Reactions: Knownothing

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
What school was that guy from? The guy who offered money?
One of the kids was basically asking directly what else they could do for him and sort of giggling about it. I think it was UAB or someone of that caliber. They recruiter basically says we will not be doing anything outside the rules. Pretty awkward. I wonder if that clip can be found online.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
One of the kids was basically asking directly what else they could do for him and sort of giggling about it. I think it was UAB or someone of that caliber. They recruiter basically says we will not be doing anything outside the rules. Pretty awkward. I wonder if that clip can be found online.

I looked and could not find it. It's unreal how dumb some of these kids are. Basically asking for money, while they are filming a TV show about your recruitment. Ummm hey dummy look at the camera.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Totally agree that Sims came out looking like a bigger d-bag than Brown. At least Brown will own up to being an attention-seeking self-promoter. For Sims to berate kids for not having the discipline to tuck in their shirts or hand the ball to the ref, only to lose his ever-loving mind after the game is hypocrisy at its finest.

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
Just caught this episode last night. Garden City CC coach was introduced as such a reasonable but strict guy... All of that disappeared come game time. He railed on and on about Indy just wanting to be on TV... It's pretty clear he would/did enjoy it this time around, too.

As I watched that episode, I thought to myself - It sure feels like this guy is auditioning to be next in line for the series.

Until the final episode when it was noted he moved to DII Missouri Southern.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
How does the record in season 4 get explained other than terrible coaching?

The talent seemed to be there at the skill positions and most of the defense. Was the offensive line really bad? The offense seemed to be a weak link.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa

The talent seemed to be there at the skill positions and most of the defense. Was the offensive line really bad? The offense seemed to be a weak link.
Seems to be two major things, OL play was sub-par and QB play was all over the place... Both of which start with coaching, and one does lead to the other -- QB play suffers when they're constantly running for their lives.

I find it funny that JB kept blaming his DC for losing these games and takes over the D midway through the season... Hey, coach -- the D isn't your issue here. It's your, like, 14 PPG offense. What I do notice in the clips they show is that it seems JB's offense relies on a lot of long-developing pass plays that he simply does not have the time behind the OL to effectively run... but he keeps doing it anyway.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
As soon as they started losing it was a race for Brown to figure out who to blame it on. Firing coaches, cutting players, it was everyone else's fault, couldn't be him.

• Agree
Reactions: STATE12

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA

I also imagine that after you lose a couple no one is interested in the rest of the season aside from trying to play somewhere else next year. The Iowa Western coach even said it on the sideline to his guys, keep pushing and they will self destruct, or something close to that.