Last Chance U - Netflix Documentary

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
What? Pretty decent? He comes off as looking like someone who always wanted to be an athlete but had no talent so he really want's to be a high level AD but he's not good enough for that so he takes a JUCO Presidents job to be a de facto AD there and waste a bunch of money.

He looked like a total clown in the last episode when he says the Hitler incident came out of nowhere and it was a shock to him that Brown would use that language. Anybody who watched season 3 of Last Chance U was not surprised by that, let alone the guy in charge of the school who works in the same building as him.

D

Deleted member 8507

• Agree
Reactions: Knownothing

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
If they go somewhere for season 5 I think it should be:
1. A Texas school
2. Ellsworth or central (given the intel the IWCC is off the table
3. Nassau because I’m familiar with the area.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Yeah I hope those coaches don't get stuck in the Juco level. I looked up some of the guys from season 3 and found out that some are now at like FAU and schools like that. I am wondering where the quarterbacks coach who resigned will end up. The season 4 guy

I've been to lazy to look that QB coach up, more curious how he ended up there. He seemed to try SO HARD to relate to the QBs, but seemed real douchey.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I wonder what Brown's pay was from Netflix? I see his salary was $65k from the championship season and likely got a bump after that.

Anyone else watch and think "CMC is literally the exact opposite of Jason Brown?" I'd love to get an off the record take on Brown from CMC.

clone136

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2006
Des Moines
I'm only on episode 4, but i think the Garden City coach is way worse than Brown. Guy thinks he is better than everyone (tuck your shirt in) but is really just a more clean cut Jason Brown. At least Brown doesnt pretend.

It's weird, I find myself pseudo liking Brown, I do think he actually cares about his guys.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I'm only on episode 4, but i think the Garden City coach is way worse than Brown. Guy thinks he is better than everyone (tuck your shirt in) but is really just a more clean cut Jason Brown. At least Brown doesnt pretend.

It's weird, I find myself pseudo liking Brown, I do think he actually cares about his guys.
Something happened late in the season that made me completely change my mind on this

When KD was down on the field, never moving once a single time and the ambulance was drove out to him. Then Brown came over and told him to get up?? I could not believe that crap.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des

I agree about the GC coach. He was a different person in the interviews than he showed on the field.

Completely disagree about Brown though. I don't think he gives half a **** about any of his players. KD was knocked out and possibly had a neck injury in one of the later games. Brown essentially tells him to get up and get back in the game. He cut players willy-nilly. He called that German kid "you German ****" about 4 times per episode while he was redshirting the season before cutting him after the season so all that time he invested being a punching bag was just wasted. **** Jason Brown. He deserves all the **** he gets.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Brown has the shirt tick rule also. Browns issue is he was more concerned about shows for the camera then other things.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Brown has the shirt tick rule also. Browns issue is he was more concerned about shows for the camera then other things.

Was it Brown that started screaming at the kid for having to leave the game and he started yelling at him for his shirt, then found out his ass blew out of his pants? That was some funny stuff.

clone136

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2006
Des Moines
I agree about the GC coach. He was a different person in the interviews than he showed on the field.

Completely disagree about Brown though. I don't think he gives half a **** about any of his players. KD was knocked out and possibly had a neck injury in one of the later games. Brown essentially tells him to get up and get back in the game. He cut players willy-nilly. He called that German kid "you German ****" about 4 times per episode while he was redshirting the season before cutting him after the season so all that time he invested being a punching bag was just wasted. **** Jason Brown. He deserves all the **** he gets.

I just hate that tuck in your jersey, hand the ball to the ref bs that the coach did all the while he was literally talking smack to the other team coaches and freaking out on the refs.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
I just hate that tuck in your jersey, hand the ball to the ref bs that the coach did all the while he was literally talking smack to the other team coaches and freaking out on the refs.

Agreed. They can both be terrible people.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006

He was like the football version of Bobby knight. Do everything the right way, however, I am going to personally act like a total ass and be a jerk to everyone and try and play it off as I am old school. I hate bully type coaches. I don't think any of those two juco coaches have any idea how to get the type of players they get to actually do the right thing. Those kids need love, not screemed at and belittled. They have had people treat them like crap their whole lives.

D

Deleted member 8507

Finally finished up the season. Definitely not my favorite, but still watchable. Wonder if Brown's career is done... hoping their DC moves on to the next level someday as well; unlike Brown tried to, I don't pin their issues this season on him at all.

Also, I caught this at the end of the show (not spoiler). Oopsie, slight error there.

EMCC is back on top in general . . . as someone else commented, their two Netflix seasons were the only two that they didn't win the natty. Interesting that Iowa Western won the natty in only their 5th year of having a football team and remain a top 5 team year in / year out.

upload_2019-7-29_9-44-53.png

• Agree
Reactions: MeowingCows

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I would like to see Arizona Western since they tend to be at the top of the league on my in depth Wikipedia search.

I don’t want Garden City because it’ll be like rooting against the guys at Indy, which I’d be fine with if JB was still around but since they’re going to be rebuilding, I don’t want to hate them right away - not fair to that program

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
EMCC is back on top in general . . . as someone else commented, their two Netflix seasons were the only two that they didn't win the natty. Interesting that Iowa Western won the natty in only their 5th year of having a football team and remain a top 5 team year in / year out.

View attachment 65391

Strohmeier is an excellent JUCO coach. Had rebuilt NIACC quickly before they shut the team down.

abd4cy

Jul 16, 2010
Phoenix
I would like to see Arizona Western since they tend to be at the top of the league on my in depth Wikipedia search.

I don’t want Garden City because it’ll be like rooting against the guys at Indy, which I’d be fine with if JB was still around but since they’re going to be rebuilding, I don’t want to hate them right away - not fair to that program

Unfortunately Arizona Western no longer has a football team. Last season was their last. In fact there is no more juco football in AZ at all anymore, I believe AZ Western was the last.