Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Saw some of Bohemian Rhapsody earlier today. Weird part was with record producer Ray Foster. I looked at him and thought why do they have this guy that looks like a Mike Myers caricature character then looked up the credits and saw it was Mike Myers.
Lew wasn't interested in watching that movie, so I watched it by myself. Gave me goosebumps in places, brought me to tears in others. It really was a "no holds barred, warts & all" production IMO.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Welp Sloshkosh V2 is a thing now. Several inches of rained have closed the camp ground and aircraft arrivals. May be joining tens of thousands of others sleeping on the side of roads and parking lots.

We must be right on the flight path for some big group of planes that are headed to this. Took the monkey outside to watch them go over. Older style, possibly blue? All in groups of 3

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Welp Sloshkosh V2 is a thing now. Several inches of rained have closed the camp ground and aircraft arrivals. May be joining tens of thousands of others sleeping on the side of roads and parking lots.

Roadside camping is good practice for the post apocalypse world. :rolleyes:

At least it won't get worse, forecast looks to offer up some nice weather.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
We must be right on the flight path for some big group of planes that are headed to this. Took the monkey outside to watch them go over. Older style, possibly blue? All in groups of 3

Was probably the Mooney mass arrival. I think they have been the only mass arrival to make it in. The WWII trainers will be leaving Dubuque shortly and doing the same thing.

Roadside camping is good practice for the post apocalypse world. :rolleyes:

At least it won't get worse, forecast looks to offer up some nice weather.

Just have to get it dried out and we will be golden. Currently no drive in campers are being let in and Tundra tire only planes.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Just have to get it dried out and we will be golden. Currently no drive in campers are being let in and Tundra tire only planes.

Flirting around with the idea of bopping over for a day, staying an hour or two away or something. Trying to figure it out in my head around the Yankee/Twin games MTW and early DR appt on Friday.

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Welp...the good news is that when we were transferring the bagged up ruined books to the garage, Lew noticed that a couple were dry. So I've taken them all back out of the bags - fortunately I had stacked them rather than throwing them in there willy-nilly as was my first inclination. I have two that are already dry, and a handful of others that are mostly dry. Sooooo...gonna leave them out on the hearth for a couple of days to see if any more of them recover.

The bad news is that the carpet in the other flooded room is NOT recovering, and Lew is currently ripping it out. :(

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Decent day at work even got a couple of hours of biking in afterwards. Got home at dark just in time to find out it's time to mow my yard again:eek:.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Flirting around with the idea of bopping over for a day, staying an hour or two away or something. Trying to figure it out in my head around the Yankee/Twin games MTW and early DR appt on Friday.

Let me know if you do and I will show you around as much as I can (working chapter thing various hours)!

Drove up and got just par Madison when they announced that they were not letting anyone in tonight. Decided to stop by Fisk to see the controllers there. Ended up parking in a Target parking lot and planned to sleep in my car there but a friend in Waukesha offered their spare room so I drove down here. Should get into the campground tomorrow.

#CoolStoryBro

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Let me know if you do and I will show you around as much as I can (working chapter thing various hours)!

Drove up and got just par Madison when they announced that they were not letting anyone in tonight. Decided to stop by Fisk to see the controllers there. Ended up parking in a Target parking lot and planned to sleep in my car there but a friend in Waukesha offered their spare room so I drove down here. Should get into the campground tomorrow.

#CoolStoryBro

Does boxster get the back seat or the passenger side to sleep?

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Oy. Mom got to visit baby after seeing us over the weekend. Said it was......eye opening. Parent literally could barely change a diaper. Like, the nurses had to coach through obvious bad moves like WALKING AWAY FROM THE UNCOVERED BABY and NOT PUTTING ANYTHING UNDERNEATH HER. Like, I was not a baby expert pre-LM. But this is such basic, basic stuff.

Nurses great but clearly frustrated with parents hardly being there. Trying to get SIL to recognize that putting together the room/organizing gifts (both presented as reasons SIL can't be up here much) are not important and that time with the baby is important. Then thought we had progress when brother indicated SIL would have to stay up here due to oats this week and his inability to visit. Welp, she still came back home yesterday and when asked why by my mom brother said "well if you were stuck in a bed for 5 days, you'd have bad memories of the drs too" bringing up the long induction/bedrest. Well cool. First of all, you aren't the only one to have had a traumatic birth and from everything I understand, the bedrest part was the only "hard" part. It sounds like pain control and actual delivery went very smoothly. So if this isn't just a new excuse you guys are trying out and you truly can't handle being in the hospital with your child, you need to see a therapist. Mom thinks it's that she's terrified to be alone with the baby and doesn't know what to do. And brother finds any excuse to be "busy" on the farm. And they both find it very convenient to have a team caring for the baby while they get to sleep through the night and carry on mostly as normal at home. Took them until last night to sign up for a remote monitoring cam. They could have been watching the baby from home all this time. Still don't have her added to insurance (!!!!!) Still didn't do the signatures to stay ONE FLOOR ABOVE FOR FREE. Mom did yell at brother about insurance. Said you feel like getting a half million bill? He was just oblivious "well wife said she would do it"

Some of the things the nurses said that mom relayed to me sound very much like they are concerned about these two being able to care for the child. Which I would agree with. We are just completely stuck on how to even approach it. Parents will completely lash out and then shut down if anyone gets harsh with them.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
What a difference a day makes left home Sat am it was 80 degrees, the cold front and rain came thru never got above 70 the rest of the day in Albert Lea. Work was ok hopefully tomorrow will be a good day.

Had supper with the Simpson niece tonight, she is liking her internship and has learned that for the last 8 yrs all accounting interns have been offered a full time position with Hormel. So she is feeling fairly good about having at least one offer when she finishes in May of 2020
So are you Patty or Selma Bouvier?

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Oy. Mom got to visit baby after seeing us over the weekend. Said it was......eye opening. Parent literally could barely change a diaper. Like, the nurses had to coach through obvious bad moves like WALKING AWAY FROM THE UNCOVERED BABY and NOT PUTTING ANYTHING UNDERNEATH HER. Like, I was not a baby expert pre-LM. But this is such basic, basic stuff.

Nurses great but clearly frustrated with parents hardly being there. Trying to get SIL to recognize that putting together the room/organizing gifts (both presented as reasons SIL can't be up here much) are not important and that time with the baby is important. Then thought we had progress when brother indicated SIL would have to stay up here due to oats this week and his inability to visit. Welp, she still came back home yesterday and when asked why by my mom brother said "well if you were stuck in a bed for 5 days, you'd have bad memories of the drs too" bringing up the long induction/bedrest. Well cool. First of all, you aren't the only one to have had a traumatic birth and from everything I understand, the bedrest part was the only "hard" part. It sounds like pain control and actual delivery went very smoothly. So if this isn't just a new excuse you guys are trying out and you truly can't handle being in the hospital with your child, you need to see a therapist. Mom thinks it's that she's terrified to be alone with the baby and doesn't know what to do. And brother finds any excuse to be "busy" on the farm. And they both find it very convenient to have a team caring for the baby while they get to sleep through the night and carry on mostly as normal at home. Took them until last night to sign up for a remote monitoring cam. They could have been watching the baby from home all this time. Still don't have her added to insurance (!!!!!) Still didn't do the signatures to stay ONE FLOOR ABOVE FOR FREE. Mom did yell at brother about insurance. Said you feel like getting a half million bill? He was just oblivious "well wife said she would do it"

Some of the things the nurses said that mom relayed to me sound very much like they are concerned about these two being able to care for the child. Which I would agree with. We are just completely stuck on how to even approach it. Parents will completely lash out and then shut down if anyone gets harsh with them.
It is amazing all of the things we aren't allowed to do without training and certification, but they'll let any idiot have a baby.

Sorry about all of the stress this is putting on you and your loved ones. Hopefully they will start to figure it out. We can hope that once they are forced to be the primary caretakers the bonding will take place and they will start to realize the awesome responsibility that they have taken on...

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Had the first game in Rochester Friday afternoon and (as Boxster would say) DND. Was disappointed that even in the state tournament there are referees that don't know the age based rule modifications the state governing body has made and we are supposed to be playing under. Didn't discover until the second half that they were erroneously calling offside starting at the build-out line rather than the half line. No wonder our offsides trap wasn't getting called correctly all game and our guys had to keep chasing. We stayed the night down there and woke up to torrential rains and flash flood warnings on the cell phone. Luckily they postponed our Saturday morning game and soon cancelled all Saturday games. We decided to check out of hotel and go home rather than spending a day in Mayoland. The gamble paid off since they rescheduled us for a reasonable noon start on Sunday. Boys lost both games to the top two teams in the state in their age group but they played well and demonstrated they belonged in both games. We were very proud of them for getting as far as they did. No rest for the weary since tryouts for next year are coming right up starting next weekend.

There was a lot of flooding around the Cannon and Zumbro Rivers.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
My time on here might be over. Said bad, but true things about Busch Lite
w39lExI.gif

pitchforks.gif

• Agree
Reactions: cmjh10