Hunter Dekkers Commits

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
I'm going with Johnny saying George was the best offensive player he had at ISU, and Matt was the best defensive stud he ever coached.

I'd agree with that plus after he left here he coached Tony Dorsett, Reggie White and Willie Gault. I think White and Gault played against ISU at Tennessee in 1982 or 1983.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Maybe it's just me, but Dekkers has the name and the look to be one of those nationally promoted top quarterbacks some day. "Hunter Dekker, Heisman candidate, coming up next on ABC as the highly ranked Iowa State Cyclones take on ......" Yeah that sounds about right. Great addition to Cyclone Nation!

Imo ISU has seen an uptick in good 'football' names the least 3 years. No baring on the success but there's been an uptick in players that are just dudes too.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Who is saying “This is a stupid move”? I haven’t seen a single one.

And you listed an assortment of quarterbacks transferring, some of whom never should have been offered in the first place. This is not Paul Rhoads’ quarterback room.

As far as Chubba “not wanting” to come here...link, please?

He said it in an interview after his commitment. He said Brock wanted him at Iowa state and he wanted do his own thing. It might have affected Campbell’s decision to not offer.

Reactions: isutrevman

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
He said it in an interview after his commitment. He said Brock wanted him at Iowa state and he wanted do his own thing. It might have affected Campbell’s decision to not offer.
Because, y’know, offering would be such a horrible thing.

You do realize it you Make far more sense to offer simply out of respect for the family, right? Even if you knew he wasn’t interested?

• Disagree
Reactions: ComCY and ILikeCy

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

You do realize it you Make far more sense to offer simply out of respect for the family, right? Even if you knew he wasn’t interested?

You make zero sense. You asked for evidence that chubba wasn’t interested. I told you he SAID HE WASN’T.

None of us have any idea what conversations he had with Iowa state.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneVet

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

So...season over?

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
Seems like a guy who might not redshirt, just because you have to get him on the field somewhere.

Was everyone else recruiting him as a QB as well?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
6'2 225...what's he like for speed? Possible tight end? Somewhere on the line?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Hunter is a great athlete and very hardworking kid that will turn a lot of heads. If he was at a larger school, he would have had an even longer offer list. His family were lifelong TOE fans and have now officially switched allegiance.

Plus he has a chip on his shoulder from the TOE and a certain coach that blew him off!
A pissed off Iowa kid that has a grudge against TOE. I'll take them all.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron