Hunter Dekkers Commits

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Why did we offer if we have Aidan? If we were taking two in this class I would have thought Chubba would have received an offer.

(Legitimate question, not criticizing the staff)
Dekkers is an elite 11 finalist. I think, like any position, if this staff finds a guy that they think can be really good, they will take them regardless of the numbers. Heck, last year we took Purdy and we had Mitchell. Look how that turned out.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Why did we offer if we have Aidan? If we were taking two in this class I would have thought Chubba would have received an offer.

(Legitimate question, not criticizing the staff)
Could be a change of pace QB, like Mitchell or Lanning. He's built similar to Lanning, maybe he plays multiple positions on the field?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I think that a Dekkers offers a little bit different style in more of the Lanning mold. Plus he’s athletic enough to play multiple positions. Chubba is a qb and that’s it. Not as much of a need there.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Could be a change of pace QB, like Mitchell or Lanning. He's built similar to Lanning, maybe he plays multiple positions on the field?
I was going to do the Lanning comparison as well. Maybe Jesse Ertz from K State.

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
He's the real deal and will make a difference, at some position and at some point, for the Clones. A top-notch multi-sport athlete, who is a helluva baseball pitcher as well, maybe he can help our baseball program continue their 19 year undefeated streak, ha. And the best part is that he's from NW Iowa, where way too many folks up this way continue to live in the past, and the glory years of the TOE football program....

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
He's the real deal and will make a difference, at some position and at some point, for the Clones. A top-notch multi-sport athlete, who is a helluva baseball pitcher as well, maybe he can help our baseball program continue their 19 year undefeated streak, ha. And the best part is that he's from NW Iowa, where way too many folks up this way continue to live in the past, and the glory years of the TOE football program....
Sounds like another George Amundson. I think Johnny Majors said that George was the greatest athlete that he'd ever coached.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron