NBA: ***Official 2019 NBA Playoffs Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
After getting a little lucky putting $$ on Toronto to win it all before they got Kawhi last year ( I ended up gambling on about 1/6th of the league so it's not that impressive), I decided to try my luck with the Bucks and Clippers next year. Even if Kawhi sticks in Toronto, I think the Bucks have a good shot to get past them. The Celtics are in disarray and Philly sold out to win this year and wasn't good enough. Plus their big fella has to stay healthy. If Kawhi goes to LA, who can really win the East other than Milwaukee? The Pacers kind of interesting as a long shot.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
After getting a little lucky putting $$ on Toronto to win it all before they got Kawhi last year ( I ended up gambling on about 1/6th of the league so it's not that impressive), I decided to try my luck with the Bucks and Clippers next year. Even if Kawhi sticks in Toronto, I think the Bucks have a good shot to get past them. The Celtics are in disarray and Philly sold out to win this year and wasn't good enough. Plus their big fella has to stay healthy. If Kawhi goes to LA, who can really win the East other than Milwaukee? The Pacers kind of interesting as a long shot.
What were the odds when you put money on them??

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Yep. Some terrible contracts out there for point guards. Conley's was bad. CP3's from last summer is really bad. John Wall's might be the worst ever. Kyle Lowry is hella overpaid but at least he has a ring.
Bad contracts, continued:
Gordon Hayward in Boston. Injury caused it but still.
Andrew Wiggins lol
Otto Porter in Chicago
Chandler Parsons' has been terrrrrible for Memphis
Jabari Parker somehow made $20M in 2018-19

• Agree
Reactions: Peter

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin

Milwaukee needs to resign a lot of their roster, and will probably lose a couple guys. I don't think the bucks are going to be quite as potent next year.

Reactions: Doc

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Bad contracts, continued:
Gordon Hayward in Boston. Injury caused it but still.
Andrew Wiggins lol
Otto Porter in Chicago
Chandler Parsons' has been terrrrrible for Memphis
Jabari Parker somehow made $20M in 2018-19
Best contracts in 2018-19 are easy: (young talent is obvious because rookie scale but still)
Kawhi was 38th and easily the best cost-to-outcome winner
Giannis was 30th
Jokic 21st
Durant 12th
Oladipo 40th
Draymond 50th
Andre Iggy 57th
Ben Simmons 115th
Jayson Tatum 117th
Luka 120th
De'Aaron Fox 134th
Trae Young 135th
Buddy Hield 147th
Jamal Murray 151st
Pascal Siakam 195th!!!!
Kyle Kuzma 212th
Monte Morris T-246th

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Fake Twitter accounts are just an occupational hazard for professional sports talkers now. I'm still all for anything that embarrasses Skip Bayless but he's not the first one to get fooled.
Yeah I can see how one would fall for a fake twitter report. But c'mon, manboobs? Plus this tweet was right after it

• Funny
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz