***Official 2018-19 Transfer Thread***

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I think most people in central Iowa media and athletics know Randy is a ******* but put up with him out of “Iowa niceness” so it’s refreshing to see someone not put up with his senile ass.

Not that anyone wants the subject brought up, but his question at Hoiberg's NU press conference was typical embarrassing Randy, if you know what I mean. Fred's facial expression and response after he asked it was priceless. Has CMC learned to avoid him at all costs yet? lol

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Literally never listened to someone more clueless about sports than RP and Birch..The last thing LW would do is transfer and redshirt...dude would be 24 at a minimum when he went pro..Aside from that it is so painful listening to RP try to put together words on that podcast without getting completely distracted with slipping in something about one of the Hoibergs..

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Not that anyone wants the subject brought up, but his question at Hoiberg's NU press conference was typical embarrassing Randy, if you know what I mean. Fred's facial expression and response after he asked it was priceless. Has CMC learned to avoid him at all costs yet? lol

The DMR is sending that tool to Lincoln to bother Fred?

giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Doc

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006

What did he ask him?

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
What did he ask him?

Ok, I'll not be able to quote exactly, but it was very early in the press conference and he brings up something like "how do you respond to ISU fans who are kinda bewildered right now?" Sure, I could see him asking him that off to the side later for his own fan base he reports for, but thought it was out of place at the beginning of another university's PC. I bet NU fans were like eating it up.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
If Lindell transferred he is not sitting out a year to play for Nebraska. It’ll be Duke/Kentucky type.

Have no clue if any of this is worth putting speculation on in the first place, but since posters on here brought it up.....would it be off-base to assume that 'if' he did opt for a transfer, then he left with hard feelings over last season's usage OR more just wanting to find a coach who would 'guarantee' him the starting PG spot for NBA aspirations?? Hopefully neither are the case and its all much to do about nothing.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Ok, I'll not be able to quote exactly, but it was very early in the press conference and he brings up something like "how do you respond to ISU fans who are kinda bewildered right now?" Sure, I could see him asking him that off to the side later for his own fan base he reports for, but thought it was out of place at the beginning of another university's PC. I bet NU fans were like eating it up.
Either way, not a big deal, just a little Randy chatter.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Have no clue if any of this is worth putting speculation on in the first place, but since posters on here brought it up.....would it be off-base to assume that 'if' he did opt for a transfer, then he left with hard feelings over last season's usage OR more just wanting to find a coach who would 'guarantee' him the starting PG spot for NBA aspirations?? Hopefully neither are the case and its all much to do about nothing.

If the feelings are hard enough, so be it, but they would have to be pretty hard to push the guy into making some really sub-optimal decisions regarding his professional future like that.

Does he really want to put TWO MORE YEARS on the clock until he can receive a paycheck for playing basketball? He was born in March 1998. If he waits to what would be his RS-junior season to go pro, he would be doing so at age 23 when he leaves.

If he wants a place where he is guaranteed a starting spot and to be the focus of the offense in a major conference, well, Iowa State is sitting there waiting for him at the moment.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
It's too bad that Randy can't do some real work and try to find out if LW is leaning G League or Europe, instead of throwing out the transfer speculation. Same goes for high energy Tommy.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
It's too bad that Randy can't do some real work and try to find out if LW is leaning G League or Europe, instead of throwing out the transfer speculation. Same goes for high energy Tommy.

Creepy Randy

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
"and Iowa State"
6'2" Guard shot averaged 15.3 ppg for Jaksonville. solid list of schools, I assume sit 1 play 2.

@OntheRadarHoops Jacksonville transfer JD Notae has heard from the following schools Creighton, Colorado State, Nevada, Bradley, Seton Hall, UNC Greensboro, Toledo, Oklahoma State, Middle Tennessee, UAB, North Texas, Western Kentucky and Iowa State
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/4278435/jd-notae

Surprised he ended up at a high major

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
If the feelings are hard enough, so be it, but they would have to be pretty hard to push the guy into making some really sub-optimal decisions regarding his professional future like that.

Does he really want to put TWO MORE YEARS on the clock until he can receive a paycheck for playing basketball? He was born in March 1998. If he waits to what would be his RS-junior season to go pro, he would be doing so at age 23 when he leaves.

If he wants a place where he is guaranteed a starting spot and to be the focus of the offense in a major conference, well, Iowa State is sitting there waiting for him at the moment.

I don’t know what his goals are. If his goal is to be the first Nova Scotian to play in the NBA, a change of scenery and a year off may do him good.

In most timelines, he is best off financially by making what he can playing basketball at a young age, but I would guess there are NBA teams that think he has a chance at a career because he can really shoot the ball paired with good athletic ability.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I don’t know what his goals are. If his goal is to be the first Nova Scotian to play in the NBA, a change of scenery and a year off may do him good.

In most timelines, he is best off financially by making what he can playing basketball at a young age, but I would guess there are NBA teams that think he has a chance at a career because he can really shoot the ball paired with good athletic ability.

I do not think he is going to run into a roster more custom-made to feature him than ours is next year. We have good complementary guards in Haliburton and Nixon who will feed him and play defense for him, a good (and perhaps not great, leaving it to him to lead with the scoring) selection of big men, and not a lot proven behind him to reduce his minutes. If he really is just done with Prohm and wants to go elsewhere, then so be it, but I do not think he is going to run into a situation with a better design to feature him than what we have.

I think Prohm probably had Talen in mind for that niche next year before he turned out to be better (or, at least, more attractive in the draft) than we thought he would be after one season. Wigginton would slide right into it, though, and put up 20+ a night while doing it.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I do not think he is going to run into a roster more custom-made to feature him than ours is next year. We have good complementary guards in Haliburton and Nixon who will feed him and play defense for him, a good (and perhaps not great, leaving it to him to lead with the scoring) selection of big men, and not a lot proven behind him to reduce his minutes. If he really is just done with Prohm and wants to go elsewhere, then so be it, but I do not think he is going to run into a situation with a better design to feature him than what we have.

I think Prohm probably had Talen in mind for that niche next year before he turned out to be better (or, at least, more attractive in the draft) than we thought he would be after one season. Wigginton would slide right into it, though, and put up 20+ a night while doing it.

I agree, and think Lindell would be a good fit next to Haliburton and Nixon on defense in addition to offense. Lindell plays big for his size and is a great rebounder.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I don’t even think he was trolling, he’s just that dumb. Listening to him talk about THT earlier in the pod, he felt he was entitled to answers about the Wal Mart incident and was upset THT didn’t want to give him any quotes. While THT may be immature he’s not required to give Randy or Hines any insight or quotes to run with.

I think there's a little bit trolling, only because I'm 100% certain he reads this board. Not that I should be giving him enough credit to recognize how dumb some of his questions are.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron