NBA: ***Official 2019 NBA Playoffs Thread***

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
D6aZ7tTWwAIIiQy.jpg:large

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
With 4 seconds left the world knew who the Raptors wanted to take the shot. No doubt, it was either bad coaching or poor execution not to double KL. Jimmy Butler probably went crazy in the locker room blaming everybody for not knowing how to win.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
With 4 seconds left the world knew who the Raptors wanted to take the shot. No doubt, it was either bad coaching or poor execution not to double KL. Jimmy Butler probably went crazy in the locker room blaming everybody for not knowing how to win.

They were able to run him baseline with the height advantage from Embiid. Other then denying him the ball you can't ask for much better defense. Just better offense.

That shot was close to Minneapolis Miracle for me. I still haven't stopped smiling. Looking into tickets and Airbnb for game 2 on Friday night in Milwaukee.

Suggestions for things to do/see/eat for someone who hasnt been?

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

They forced him into an off the dribble fadeway corner three over Embiid, that's a shot you can live with. If there was any doubt about Toronto making the right move to go after Kwahi, even if it's only for a single season, this series should have erased it. It's really hard to win this time of year with a team full of good players, and no great ones. You almost always need those true superstars to get to the conference finals and beyond. Siakam and Lowry wanted no part of this game for most of the second half, even if Leonard didn't have a great shooting game, he was willing to drag and volume shoot the Raptors into the next round.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Philly's offseason is going to be real interesting, not signing any big free agents and having to trade for them instead really depleted a lot of assets. They are most likely locking themselves into an Embiid-Simmons-Harris-Butler core with very limited depth and counting on significant improvement from Simmons and Embiid to stay healthy to be able to contend. This past year they've lost the 2017 #1 overall pick, Covington, Saric, Shamet, and Miami's 2021 unprotected first, that's a lot to give up and really shows why not being able to land a difference maker in free agency this past year really hurt them. I would imagine they are definitely listening to offers on Simmons, even if they will deny it.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Philly's offseason is going to be real interesting, not signing any big free agents and having to trade for them instead really depleted a lot of assets. They are most likely locking themselves into an Embiid-Simmons-Harris-Butler core with very limited depth and counting on significant improvement from Simmons and Embiid to stay healthy to be able to contend. This past year they've lost the 2017 #1 overall pick, Covington, Saric, Shamet, and Miami's 2021 unprotected first, that's a lot to give up and really shows why not being able to land a difference maker in free agency this past year really hurt them. I would imagine they are definitely listening to offers on Simmons, even if they will deny it.

Who knows if Butler even wants to stick around? I know Harris' numbers dipped some after the trade from the Clips, but if I had to pick paying max money to him or Butler it'd be kind of a tough call. Harris is younger and probably fits in as a complementary piece better than Butler ever will.

I think their first order of business is figuring out what to do with Brett Brown. I'd keep him around but it seems like they were already pretty lukewarm on the idea of retaining him even going into the postseason. If they want to replace him and swing for the fences with a new hire they have to move now.

Second order of business is to call Simmons on the carpet and tell him to get his ass in a gym and develop a jumper.

Reactions: Halincandenza

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron