NBA: ***Official 2019 NBA Playoffs Thread***

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Haha Pelicans beat out NY and LA for Zion. David Silver cryyed.

I was hoping Atlanta or Memphis would get it, but can’t complain too much about the Pelicans. They get a another chance after failing to build much around Davis.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Golden St plays like a completely different team without Durant. Kerr was using basically a 7 man rotation when Durant was playing, now he's out and all of a sudden they're playing 11 guys in the first half, with a rotation that looks like this is a January game.

Reactions: isutrevman

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
First thing that jumps out to me is that I think AD teaming up with LeBron just got much more likely.

Lakers can now offer up the 4 pick in addition to Ingram and Ball. NO now has a reason for hope post-AD. Holiday’s value has improved a lot over the last two years, and they can trade him or run with him, Zion, and whoever they get from an AD trade.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
It will be funny if Durant comes back for the Finals and wins the MVP again. Maybe they’ll give Curry a “body of work” Finals MVP.

Who am I kidding. Giannis will be Final MVP.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Zion was NOT happy at all about the Pelicans getting the top pick.

In fact, when he was asked afterwards about playing in New Orleans.... he basically said.... "we'll see where I end up". I would not be surprised if he has his agent do everything possible to get him out of New Orleans. It was not a good night for Zion.

That's why ESPN should not have the players there. It was obvious Zion was not pleased at all.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Ok, you can only take so many. What are they doing on the pick and roll? Kanter just gassed? He works so hard on the glass on the offensive end they should rotate Collins in sooner.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Ok, you can only take so many. What are they doing on the pick and roll? Kanter just gassed? He works so hard on the glass on the offensive end they should rotate Collins in sooner.
The Warriors run so, so many pick and rolls all over the court.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
And they will probably do that in all 4 or 5 games of the series :cool:

Idk man. Portland is back within 6. Golden State is playing 11 guys because they know they may be without Durant longer than Game 2 and they need to figure out who is ready to go.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

Yeah, Kanter's always been good on the offensive glass and a parking cone on the defensive end. He might be dealing with fatigue, too. He's Muslim and observing Ramadan, so right now he's fasting from sunrise to sundown plus no medication for his bad shoulder. That'd wear on anyone, let alone a professional athlete.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
If I'm Zion I pull an Eli Manning to San Diego type "I'm not going there" campaign. Absolutely refuse and force someone like the Knicks to move up. I don't think anyone has that power anymore though.

I see one way the Pelicans win their post-AD with a Happy Zion situation:
Trade away AD to the Knicks. Get mega assets like the Knicks/Mavericks picks and DSJ or Knox. Use the #1 pick on Zion, use the #3 pick on RJ Barrett.

Holiday, DSJ, Barrett, Zion, Randle. I mean, not bad for NO which is not a free agent destination. Then you have other assets like Knox and the Mavs picks. Again, not bad.

• Agree
Reactions: RonBurgundy

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
If I'm Zion I pull an Eli Manning to San Diego type "I'm not going there" campaign. Absolutely refuse and force someone like the Knicks to move up. I don't think anyone has that power anymore though.

I see one way the Pelicans win their post-AD with a Happy Zion situation:
Trade away AD to the Knicks. Get mega assets like the Knicks/Mavericks picks and DSJ or Knox. Use the #1 pick on Zion, use the #3 pick on RJ Barrett.

Holiday, DSJ, Barrett, Zion, Randle. I mean, not bad for NO which is not a free agent destination. Then you have other assets like Knox and the Mavs picks. Again, not bad.
Or play Boston and NYK against each other. Make one of them offer the world for AD. If they get a Boston trade:
Smart, Holiday, Tatum, Zion, Randle. Not bad either.

Hell get the Lakers involved.
Lonzo, Holiday, Kuzma, Zion, Randle plus the Lakers' #4.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron