INSIDER: Quick analysis on Rayjon Tucker

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Real quick on this: Sounds like he had a workout for the Bucks today and will have a few more NBA workouts next week.

The feeling is that ISU is in a good spot here because of playing time, style of play and the fact that he'd be a featured guy in Ames. I also heard that he hit it off well with ISU's current players on the visit.

Memphis likes its chances because of the Penny Hardaway angle and the fact that they, like ISU, are a young team where Tucker could shine.

Auburn seems to be right there while I'm hearing Kansas is a little farther behind due to the fact that in Lawrence, he'd be more like "another guy."

Not sure on a timeline but the thought is he'd pick a school and then ultimately make a decision on the NBA.
The notion that he'd be "just another guy" at Kansas is absurd.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The notion that he'd be "just another guy" at Kansas is absurd.

giphy.webp

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Prohm can legitimately say to him that he leads the team in scoring next season.

Self will probably say it nonetheless, though.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Hypothetical: say Bolton and Tucker both commit, then wiggs wants to come back. How does Nice Guy Prohm handle that situation?

If it did, Prohm would need to have a conversation with someone. Hopefully he'd wait till they've completed finals.

My honest guess is as soon as the extra commit is known or word Wiggy is returning. There would be a player that knew his future here was in doubt and would come to the staff about transferring.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Big positive: he stated he and his mom where making the decision that was best for him. Prohm seems to do well when he can recruit the family as well

#semijimlad
Better than all of these players that have handlers that aren't even family.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Correct. Without Adidas stocking their roster, the talent level is likely to drop off some.
Will you still believe that even if KU lands Tucker and RJ Hampton to add to Enaruna the year after landing 3 McDonalds AA's?