***Official 2018-19 Transfer Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Elijah's big 12 conference per game stats
View attachment 64020

Compared to Terrence Lewis

View attachment 64021

Go ahead and flame me for "bashing" Lewis but Elijah Mitrou-Long would help 2019-20 Iowa State more than Terrence Lewis would

Why not both? Lewis is going to take a big step up this year, but Elijah could also add a weapon.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Guys wanting Moss after the crap he's taken the last four years over on the rivals board is one of the funniest things I've read on here in quite some time.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Since some of you guys are offended by everything about Iowa basketball I'll fill you in, Moss isnt a good player.

Every now and then he gets hot from 3 when you don't guard him(ISU game for example), but alot of times he's riding the bench in the 2nd half and is a non-factor a majority of the time.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
moss was a head scratcher for me - he sure didn't fit the profile of a chicago simeon kid.

when we were recruiting him, I figured he was a tough, athletic, aggressive big-time SG, from one of the top city schools in a talent rich area.

turned out he was un-athletic, soft, passive, and wore a t-shirt under his jersey to hide his lack of muscles!

so much for stereotypes!

Reactions: GTO

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
He shoots a high percentage from 3, and we need help on the wing in a very bad way. Plus he's a 1 year rental, we're going to have scholarships, and I don't see anybody else who has any record against high majors.

Moss if fine but we have all seen his flaws and I don't think his addition would change the win projection either way. Very streaky and disappears for long stretches. I don't think he'd be much of an upgrade on what ISU already has or could get on the transfer market. I also would be worried bout the added pressure on him on being a hok playing for ISU... from both EIU fans and our fan base as soon as he goes 2-10. Moss disappeared a bunch in crunch time and there would be a lot of pressure on him from all angles. ISU can find a better fit.
hard pass

• Agree
Reactions: NENick

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Elijah's big 12 conference per game stats
View attachment 64020

Compared to Terrence Lewis

View attachment 64021

Go ahead and flame me for "bashing" Lewis but Elijah Mitrou-Long would help 2019-20 Iowa State more than Terrence Lewis would

I don't see Lewis and Mitrou-Long competing for PT. And I don't see Mitrou-Long being better than Nixon. In watching Texas games Mitrou-Long was a lesser version of Wigginton- ball dominant scorer, but 3" shorter and highly inconsistent. I don't see Elijah as starter material and I'd rather give bench minutes to Jackson, Griffin or Leech.

I hope we can recruit competition for Lewis because we need depth on the wing. We are pretty solid at 2 guard positions in Halliburton, Nixon and Jackson. We are good at the 2 post positions in Jacobson, Conditt and Young.