Impossible Burger

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I was attending a work conference this week, and one of the meals we were served featured the new, meatless, Impossible Burger. Now, I am not, nor have I ever been, even remotely a vegetarian, and I will not be giving dead animals up any time soon. However, I will say that I found the impossible burger to be pretty shocking. I wouldn't say it tasted exactly like beef, but it was reasonably close. Close enough that I could see in the near future, that they'll be pretty indistinguishable. But more important than it's closeness to beef, was the fact that it just tasted good. It's the first meatless burger I can say that about. I was impressed.

Anyone else try one?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I ordered a veggie burger at DQ when in Rochester Minnesota. Hey, it is a burger with veggies right? Heck no, they took beans, corn, and some other Godforsaken crap, mashed it together and put some seasoning in it. It was bad.

As bad as the time I was at the rainforest cafe and got the mushroom burger. A flipping mushroom on a bun. What is that?

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Like a fatty melt in your mouth kind of mouthfeel? I am very intrigued by this offering from BK.
Sort of? It had a similar "graininess" I guess, to ground beef. It wasn't overly juicy, but it wasn't not juicy, either.

• Informative
Reactions: Doc

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I feel
Like if I eat a veggie burger I will
Miss out on essential nutrients I need
Oh, I will not be giving up regular burgers. It will not be replacing those. But, it was definitely something I'll be having again

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
The texture on those is kind of off to me. This had a much better mouth feel.

tenor.gif

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Oh, I will not be giving up regular burgers. It will not be replacing those. But, it was definitely something I'll be having again

Often on grill nights for the family, I will make myself a regular and black bean burger. It makes me feel like I’m not a fat slob while eating a couple burgers. I will have to check out this hamburguesa imposible.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
I ordered a veggie burger at DQ when in Rochester Minnesota. Hey, it is a burger with veggies right? Heck no, they took beans, corn, and some other Godforsaken crap, mashed it together and put some seasoning in it. It was bad.

As bad as the time I was at the rainforest cafe and got the mushroom burger. A flipping mushroom on a bun. What is that?

I made the mistake of ordering a veggie burger where I live, thinking veggie burgers were the same all over the world -- a burger with veggies on it. Not so. Apparently, that's just an Iowa thing. I just got weird looks because I live in a pretty conservative place and they think a veggie burger is meatless and slightly un-Amercian

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
I would love to try an impossible burger. It will be interesting to see if things like this really start to take off. A while back I saw something about a company that is "growing" meat in a lab starting with actual animal flesh. If I remember right, the taste was supposed to be good but the consistency was a little mushy.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
I would love to try an impossible burger. It will be interesting to see if things like this really start to take off. A while back I saw something about a company that is "growing" meat in a lab starting with actual animal flesh. If I remember right, the taste was supposed to be good but the consistency was a little mushy.
Beyond Meat.

They IPO’d yesterday and the stock doubled in price.

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
I tried one as well and was impressed at how close they are to recreating burgers in a lab. It was better than a Mcdonalds burger patty.

That being said, I’d still pick a regular burger over that every time. I didnt look up the ingredient list for the Impossible, but I can imagine its a lot more complex than ground up cow.