***Official 2018-19 Transfer Thread***

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Well, he was obviously partying a lot and the maijuana pipe tells me he was smoking. Have any insight into anything else that he did. I just don't understand the issues that made you an insufferable douche bag.

This goes back to my original question. You said in comparison to other transfers that Lard's issues weren't any worse. We really don't know what his issues were that led him to spend 3 months in rehab.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
At this point I am wondering if Prohm is giving Lard bad reviews to coaches calling and asking about him. I could see him telling certain power 5 teams reaching out that he is not worth the trouble. I could see Lard being scooped up by a mid major that needs a player and can take a risk on him. I don't see many power 5 teams being in a position that Lard is a guy they can take a chance on. I think power 5 teams take chances on certain players that are next level. Lard is not next level.

Depends on which version of him you're getting. He looked like a legit NBA prospect at times during the 17-18 season (remember him going toe to toe with Mo Bamba?) and he was Iowa State's best player outside of Shayok in the second half of the tOSU game this year. The trick is getting that Cam Lard on a consistent basis. Maybe the next coach can push the right buttons.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
This goes back to my original question. You said in comparison to other transfers that Lard's issues weren't any worse. We really don't know what his issues were that led him to spend 3 months in rehab.

We know enough to figure out Coach thought he was smoking to much marijuana and partying too much. ISU brought in players kicked off the team for pot, kicked off a team for stealing a laptop, a kid who was suspended multiple times and forced out, etc. Pretty sure that what we know and can surmise isn't worse than any of those. I mean we don't know the full story of what players did at their schools before they came here.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
At this point I am wondering if Prohm is giving Lard bad reviews to coaches calling and asking about him. I could see him telling certain power 5 teams reaching out that he is not worth the trouble. I could see Lard being scooped up by a mid major that needs a player and can take a risk on him. I don't see many power 5 teams being in a position that Lard is a guy they can take a chance on. I think power 5 teams take chances on certain players that are next level. Lard is not next level.

I bet Prohm is telling them the truth.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I mean we don't know the full story of what players did at their schools before they came here.

All I was saying is that we don't know for sure what the issues were for Lard. As you listed in your post we only know the things reported for any player. I'd guess he had more serious issues than smoking pot and partying to go to rehab for the summer.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Tucker also set a visit to Memphis... Declaring and keeping all his options open is the prudent decision, though I would bet he plays CBB next year. Reid Travis did the same thing last year and ended up at Kentucky.

Also notable, ISU is still under consideration per Evan Daniels.
https://247sports.com/college/baske...-Virginia-Graduate-Transfer-Mempis-131233187/

"To go with WVU and Auburn, Tucker said he's also still considering North Carolina, Memphis, South Carolina, Iowa State, Kansas and Arkansas."

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
All I was saying is that we don't know for sure what the issues were for Lard. As you listed in your post we only know the things reported for any player. I'd guess he had more serious issues than smoking pot and partying to go to rehab for the summer.
Depends on your view on the issues that send you to rehab.

The fact he was still here under a guy like Prohm tells me the transgressions weren’t that bad, at least to anyone other than himself. He went to rehab, not jail.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Tucker also set a visit to Memphis... Declaring and keeping all his options open is the prudent decision, though I would bet he plays CBB next year. Reid Travis did the same thing last year and ended up at Kentucky.

Also notable, ISU is still under consideration per Evan Daniels.
https://247sports.com/college/baske...-Virginia-Graduate-Transfer-Mempis-131233187/

"To go with WVU and Auburn, Tucker said he's also still considering North Carolina, Memphis, South Carolina, Iowa State, Kansas and Arkansas."
Just me or is West Virginia a bit surprising as his first visit considering his options?

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I bet Prohm is telling them the truth.

That is my exact point. Telling them the truth. Lard has been suspended 3 times, Been to rehab, has bad body language a lot of times. Maybe Prohm is telling them exactly what they are getting and they are not interested. If Prohm was giving him good reviews. He would have teams interested based on his abilities.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
That is my exact point. Telling them the truth. Lard has been suspended 3 times, Been to rehab, has bad body language a lot of times. Maybe Prohm is telling them exactly what they are getting and they are not interested. If Prohm was giving him good reviews. He would have teams interested based on his abilities.

You don't know teams aren't interested. You're really overthinking this. Lard likes to smoke weed. Not really a phenomenon in college basketball. Also, he could've stayed at ISU, it isn't like he was kicked out of school.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Absolutely the least likely guess I've seen.

Most likely, other coaches see Steve Prohm as a ultra caring and patient coach, and may assume that if Steve couldn't reach him, they might not either. He'll get a shot somewhere though, as he is just too talented.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
You don't know teams aren't interested. You're really overthinking this. Lard likes to smoke weed. Not really a phenomenon in college basketball. Also, he could've stayed at ISU, it isn't like he was kicked out of school.

So every transfer in the country has schools lined up and we are aware of them. The guy that plays for us has no schools lined up to visit? Sounds odd. Seems like we would have more Cam Lard info that a lot of people.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I wonder if he'll do the same thing as Rayjon Tucker and declare for the draft. Might as well keep his options open.

He likely will.

@coreyevans_10 Virginia Tech big man Kerry Blackshear has placed his name into the transfer portal. Also assessing NBA chances this spring. Potential grad-transfer and would be best available to play next year