Hoiberg to Huskers

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I think there’s too much smoke to say he won’t get it, but I’m starting to get skeptical for the reasons you mention.

If Fred uses Nebraska to leverage a different job and breaks the bugeater’s hearts, does he retain his mayor status?

For me? Absolutely.
There are exactly three jobs I don't want Fred to take:
UNL
Iowa
KU

If he took a job anywhere outside the big 12 and even UT, that team would become my second favorite CBB team.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
For me? Absolutely.
There are exactly three jobs I don't want Fred to take:
UNL
Iowa
KU

If he took a job anywhere outside the big 12 and even UT, that team would become my second favorite CBB team.
I wouldn’t want him at Minnesota. I actually don’t care if he’s go to KU; outside of the 5* Iowa kid every 5 or 10 years we don’t compete with them for recruits.

If Hoiberg goes to NE I hope he does really well... with really crappy players and/or transfers. And then bolts after a few years.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I wouldn’t want him at Minnesota. I actually don’t care if he’s go to KU; outside of the 5* Iowa kid every 5 or 10 years we don’t compete with them for recruits.

If Hoiberg goes to NE I hope he does really well... with really crappy players and/or transfers. And then bolts after a few years.
Hoiberg at KU would be fun, perhaps even good for ISU. He’s not changing their recruiting profile, and hopefully he’d bring his average defense to that program (although I suspect with KU type recruits his preference for offense would be less noticeable). There would be some hype to the KU-ISU matchups.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Whoa. Any Twitter news or link to this? Kind of out of left field. Media is feeding nothing but Hoiberg from what I've seen.

It starts with one media member and then they all jump on it like they all know something. When in fact they (see my user name). However, none of them know crap. I know behind the scenes things on this and I will suggest that unless he blows it, Brian Wardle will be the new coach.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

I get that. I'd get it if people didn't want him at Methzoo or Illinois too. But for me, growing up in NW Iowa I just f*cking loathe Nebraska. Their idiot fans don't deserve basketball success with Fred or otherwise.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan21 and DSMCy

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Hoiberg at KU would be fun, perhaps even good for ISU. He’s not changing their recruiting profile, and hopefully he’d bring his average defense to that program (although I suspect with KU type recruits his preference for offense would be less noticeable). There would be some hype to the KU-ISU matchups.

Sorry but this is idiocy. You really think having him at KU would "be fun"?? I'm cheering for my team, not entertainment.