Hoiberg to Huskers

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Technically he is from a college coaching perspective. I’m not “butt hurt” but it seems like a real slap in the face. Guy takes money grab to the Bulls and then goes to Lincoln to coach BASKETBALL.

My feelings aren't hurt, but my feelings are hurt.

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
Well 2 NCAA appearances and 1 win and hell be the winningest... so the bar is set pretty high

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
You know this is going to actually happen. This has the markings of a classic CF thread:

1- Poster comes out of nowhere with a crazy idea.

2- Idea is corroborated but not linked by other posters.

3- Details start to line up.

4- It happens.

The salary numbers floating around match up. From the posts in this thread, it sounds like he has an offer at the minimum.

Fortunately or unfortunately, almost every thread like this ends up to be true.

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
You know this is going to actually happen. This has the markings of a classic CF thread:

1- Poster comes out of nowhere with a crazy idea.

2- Idea is corroborated but not linked by other posters.

3- Details start to line up.

4- It happens.

The salary numbers floating around match up. From the posts in this thread, it sounds like he has an offer at the minimum.

We have a lot of influence then even I want to give us credit for apparently

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
If its true, good for Fred, but no matter it really has nothing to do with ISU. Do we currently have an opening, no. So then let it go.

I see a lot of Squawk fans saying how this is a slap in the face to ISU, sorry, its not. Fred did not leave ISU for Nebraska, that would be a slap in the face, but to the NBA, collected 25 million to coach, got fired and is now looking for another job.
We do not play Nebraska, and I really doubt we recruit many of the same kids. If Fred is happy and until it hurts ISU, I could care less what he does.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
It’s not an ethical issue.
DarlingRichBarasinga-size_restricted.gif

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
We will see how you feel when he starts beating us out for key recruits

According to most people Fred was a terrible recruiter of high school talent and will fail at Nebraska. In addition we have a better coach. If all of those things are true then why is everyone so bitter.

• Dumb
Reactions: IASTATE07

Jammin’

Jul 18, 2009
Ames-Mia-Atx
I totally wish him well and in a kind voice I say:

BRING IT ON FREDDY BROSEVELT

I’m sure other college coaches are already telling recruits about how Fred will transfer up and take a better job in two years.

But seriously, He brought Hilton back and to that I say Thanks and good luck at Nebraska!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cytown12

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Anyone ******** that Fred left us for Nebraska needs to have their head checked. That's not at all what happened. If the guy wants to coach is he seriously supposed to sit at home and do nothing just to please us? You guys have the craziest expectations.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
According to most people Fred was a terrible recruiter of high school talent and will fail at Nebraska. In addition we have a better coach. If all of those things are true then why is everyone so bitter.
Dude, you dont belong on this site if you dont get why Cyclone fans are upset about Fred freekin Hoiberg coaching the ******* Huskers. Liking or disliking Prohm has nothing to do with it.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Hey kid, you could go to Iowa State, a school with a little bit of tradition, most likely NCAA tournament appearances, possible Big 12 tournament title runs, a lot of time spent in the top 25, fans that adore you and sell out Hilton all the time or you could go to Lincoln, NE and have none of that.

Fred has a Rolodex with the number of every gm in the league in it, remember?

Kids want to play where they think they have the best chance to play professionally. Fred is a lot more glamorous than Steve Prohm, even though Prohm has done miracles getting Nader are Burton contracts.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

Have you already created your username for husker sites? You have, haven’t you?

How are you related to Fred? You never answered

And your projection is almost as ridiculous as the other prohm hater swarthy.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Anyone ******** that Fred left us for Nebraska needs to have their head checked. That's not at all what happened. If the guy wants to coach is he seriously supposed to sit at home and do nothing just to please us? You guys have the craziest expectations.
Are you a Fred fan or an Iowa State fan? In principle, being both isn’t much of an option. It’s not about Fred. It’s about Iowa State. And Nebraska. And desiring that Nebraska to not hinder ISU’s success in even the slightest regard. In that sense, nothing’s changed.

Pissed at Fred? No.
Hoping he fails so that Nebraska continues to be mediocre? Yes.
Viewing him more as a Tim Floyd than The Mayor? Yes.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron