Hoiberg to Huskers

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
I would much rather Nebraska lock up Fred before Kansas gets their grubby paws on him.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Hypothetically, do you think Fred would take the KU job if offered?

He'd basically be disowned from Ames, right?

NebraskaCyclone

Sep 15, 2011
Nebraska
With Alabama losing in the first round of the NIT we best hope the Crimson Tide don't come looking for Prohm to come home. Though I am sure many would love that.

Bama fans seem to be hoping it's Prohm. So this could get really interesting. What's funny for Nebraska here is they're up 10 in their NIT game with like 5 mins to go. AD Moos says he isn't announcing anything until the season is over I heard. If they want to wrap up Hoiberg they probably need to lose this tonight and get it all done tomorrow.

Is Prohm really that attached to Alabama? I think that job would be harder than Nebraska actually just because of expectations. Bama fans seem like they might expect more out of their hoops than the Huskers do. Yet Bama is a mediocre program. He'd really have to want to be there. I'm not seeing an alum who was just a manager there being all that attached when you got a good thing rolling where you're currently planted.

IF it is true Prohm would bolt, I want to say Pollard is a genius soothsayer and there was more to Hoiberg's game visit than just hanging out.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Agree; Fred would be the 'frontrunner" for many current openings (Nebby, TAM, LSU etc).
I'll put myself out there as I did yesterday; Fred to Nebby is a ridiculous rumor

Holy Crap; this is happening. I can't believe; there are no words ?#@?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Technically he is from a college coaching perspective. I’m not “butt hurt” but it seems like a real slap in the face. Guy takes money grab to the Bulls and then goes to Lincoln to coach BASKETBALL.

What else would he coach?

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
Bama fans seem to be hoping it's Prohm. So this could get really interesting. What's funny for Nebraska here is they're up 10 in their NIT game with like 5 mins to go. AD Moos says he isn't announcing anything until the season is over I heard. If they want to wrap up Hoiberg they probably need to lose this tonight and get it all done tomorrow.

Is Prohm really that attached to Alabama? I think that job would be harder than Nebraska actually just because of expectations. Bama fans seem like they might expect more out of their hoops than the Huskers do. Yet Bama is a mediocre program. He'd really have to want to be there. I'm not seeing an alum who was just a manager there being all that attached when you got a good thing rolling where you're currently planted.

IF it is true Prohm would bolt, I want to say Pollard is a genius soothsayer and there was more to Hoiberg's game visit than just hanging out.

Never even played this out in my mind,
I'm almost intrigued to see what would happen on here if there was a Prohm/Fred swap?
Would the Prohm vs Hoiberg arguments reverse?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron