#13 Booers vs Boomers

IndyClone15

Jan 28, 2019
Metropolis
Not many will agree with me, but if Duke doesn't get Zion back, they are a team that I could see losing their second game to a 7/10 team.

My opinion goes both ways here. One side of me agrees because winning by 1 at home to a team well below .500 doesn't exactly scream "2 seed". The other side of me says that they will be fine because they took #15 VT to the wire and beat Miami FL by 30.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
My opinion goes both ways here. One side of me agrees because winning by 1 at home to a team well below .500 doesn't exactly scream "2 seed". The other side of me says that they will be fine because they took #15 VT to the wire and beat Miami FL by 30.
Miami is horrible this year. Duke hasn’t looked very good since Zion went down, although the road win at Syracuse was kinda impressive. I could see Duke losing the 2nd game of the tourney.

• Agree
Reactions: dahliaclone

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Bummer to see it end but it was going to happen eventually. Too many missing parts and no senior leadership. Hopefully the young guys get some good experience in the postseason and everyone makes smart offseason decisions on coming back. Fill a few holes via recruiting and Kansas will be right back in it next year.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Bummer to see it end but it was going to happen eventually. Too many missing parts and no senior leadership. Hopefully the young guys get some good experience in the postseason and everyone makes smart offseason decisions on coming back. Fill a few holes via recruiting and Kansas will be right back in it next year.

Who does Adidas have lined up for you guys for next year?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Without cheating the streak of 14 doesn’t happen.

Without his shoe money advantage, does Self move on?

Self stays. He wouldn't get the shoe money elsewhere with the watching going on so he might as well ride this ship out and see if he can last long enough to retire.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Yep, 4 McDonald's All-Americans and 8 top 100 recruits simply weren't enough for dollar Bill to hold it together. Sweet situational irony that EMAW Lon Kruger's boys put a beatdown nail in the vampire's heart.

Reactions: CycoCyclone

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Just proves that this league is really competitive when all of the players are on the same pay scale.
It really doesnt. What it proves is that it took a starter being out for injury for all Big 12 games, another being sent home for the last 8 games, a bench big being out all season and another guard missing 6 games while having a really young group around them to happen in the same season that KSU had 2 players who will have their jerseys hung in their rafters be seniors together along with a third 1000 point scorer and another team having a local relatively unheralded recruit develop into a lottery pick in his sophomore season. It took ALL of tbat for KU to finish 3rd.

How often will all of these things happen again? KSU has never had 3 1,000 point scorers on their roster together. I doubt many other Big 12 teams have either.

How often will a Big 12 team strike gold on a player like Culver unexpectedly turning into a lottery pick? It rarely happens.

How often will Kansas' roster be so decimated by injuries and other issues? In my 40+ years as a KU fan I cannot recall a roster situation even remotely close to this year. Not even close.

All three of these things individually are very unlikely to happen. The odds of them all happening in the SAME SEASON any time soon are insanely low. Sorry.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron