***Official Texas postgame thread***

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Agreed but I think a whole lot of our inconsistency is that we still don't have a leader. No one steps up is vocal. We don't have a Niang, Naz, Kane, Morris, Ejim, etc. Babb just isn't that personality. Shayok either. I don't think LW WANTS to be and LH and THT are too green.

We don't have a vocal, veteran leader or a consistent "get it done" scorer. (On some teams, those are the same player, but sometimes multiple players share the roles).

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
#25 KenPom
#36 NET before today
Minimum 8-10 league mark
Wins: North Carolina, Kansas, Kansas State, Purdue, Iowa State

They are in. Pretty comfortably actually, i.e. not 'last four in'.
They have a lot of losses including home ones to Radford, Providence, and VCU. Going to be interesting what the committee does with them. Losses have to count for something too. It is pretty interesting that if RPI was still used they would be pretty much out at 53 right now. The NET rankings seem to have just as much flaws as RPI.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
They have a lot of losses including home ones to Radford, Providence, and VCU. Going to be interesting what the committee does with them. Losses have to count for something too. It is pretty interesting that if RPI was still used they would very much be on the bubble at 53. The NET rankings seem to have just as much flaws as RPI.

VCU is #37 in the NET and will make the tourney. Providence and Radford aren't good losses, that's true. But it's apparent wins are much more important than losses to the committee. Who you beat means more. And they have some of the best wins in the country to be honest. And not sure how you can possibly say the NET is flawed when we aren't even a full year into it.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
We don't have a vocal, veteran leader or a consistent "get it done" scorer. (On some teams, those are the same player, but sometimes multiple players share the roles).

Mentioned earlier but also don't have a lock-down defender, dominant post player or general sharp shooter.

A few guys that can get to the hoop and be streaky from 3 but I'm not sure if anyone's game really compliments the others.

psyclone51

Nov 6, 2011
We just have different opinions that's all. I place a majority of the blame on Prohm and I voice the fact that it doesn't appear we have a gameplan.

You seem to spend a lot of time complaining about the crowd and student turnout. I have no problem with someone who doesn't want to blame Prohm, but go through any postgame thread and see how many times someone who questions the coaching staff is called an idiot, drama queen, prohm hater, chicken little, any number of ***** type names, or told to go cheer on another team just because they question prohm.
I am really sorry you feel so hurt. I am surprised that you speak in total anonymity and yet still get riled when someone disagrees with you. You are fine criticizing our coach - and our players and disagreeing with their strategy and their play. But what is wrong with people disagreeing with you? I am baffled. If you are complaining because people get personal, I am totally in agreement with you, but again, plenty of posters get pretty personal with SP.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
I don’t think there is much good team chemistry either

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Some games I question the chemistry, other times, it looks encouraging. Occasionally, those bi-poles occur within the same game.

The OU game looked like that.

Looked like they weren't even speaking to each other for a half, then looked like they enjoyed basketball for the 2nd half.

Today they might as well have all stayed in Ames.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
The OU game looked like that.

Looked like they weren't even speaking to each other for a half, then looked like they enjoyed basketball for the 2nd half..

Wonder if it's a chicken-or-egg situation. Do teammates get along swimmingly when things are clicking, but are arm's-length when it's rough? Orare the positive-chemistry stretches what improves the game-play?

I don't like to make blanket assessments comparing teams with no connection to each other, but it reminds me of 14-15.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
So who would Vegas favor in a game? ISU or Drake?
Billion dollar hotels dont get built by them not knowing who's favored in a game.

Iowa State would be favored by 12-13 on a neutral. Would anyone want to lay that number right now?

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
They have a lot of losses including home ones to Radford, Providence, and VCU. Going to be interesting what the committee does with them. Losses have to count for something too. It is pretty interesting that if RPI was still used they would be pretty much out at 53 right now. The NET rankings seem to have just as much flaws as RPI.

Texas will be in ahead of Oklahoma and TCU. They are a 8/9 seed right. They are going to be in with one more and it’s not going to be close.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Wonder if it's a chicken-or-egg situation. Do teammates get along swimmingly when things are clicking, but are arm's-length when it's rough? Orare the positive-chemistry stretches what improves the game-play?

I don't like to make blanket assessments comparing teams with no connection to each other, but it reminds me of 14-15.

I don't know all of the details of the 14-15 team but they definitely seemed to basically wilt when the opponent muddled things up.

This team...not sure if they're like that but they're definitely not a very resilient bunch, and imo there's multiple players that try to do too much when the ball gets to them, which makes very little happen.

And I'm not saying it's an actual 'hero-ball' thing, they may just be trying to make a play. But that turns into terrible shots and the defense not having to react hardly at all.

psyclone51

Nov 6, 2011
WBB Cyclones up on Texas 42-23 at the half. Maybe we should just watch them! Much less painful. And this is a team that plays as a team and has strong leadership on the floor.

• Agree
Reactions: kcdc4isu

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
People concerned about team chemistry need to not put too much stock in the four or five minutes of video per game they make their assumptions from. There might be issues with the team meshing, but what you see on tv is not an indicator of it.

LakevilleCy

Nov 22, 2011
Lakeville, MN
Did anyone else find it odd that nobody on the court for ISU went over to check on him even before the medical staff went over? To me that was a stark contrast from when Niang went down in I think the Big XII tourney and Kane refusing to leave even with the ref telling him to go to the ISU bench.
At first I thought it was another example that no one was paying attention to what was going on around them - like they didn't even know he was down on the ground

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Hopefully this loss gets Texas into the dance. At least the conference will split some ncaa tournament money out of the deal.

Still trying to decide if we are living through Morgan 2.0 or McDermott 2.0. CSP can recruit but production on the court just plain suxs.

Were you drunk for 10 years or not born? We're not even close to those years. Luckily we've been good enough to be ******** about a 20 win season. C'Mon