***Official Texas postgame thread***

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I'll take a disappointing loss at Texas (an NCAA tourney team) over Iowa's week any day.

• Loss by 20 at Ohio State
  • Lil' McCaffrey technical
  • Mad Fran technical
  • Mad Fran tirade on official
  • Mad Fran suspended
  • Sold out Carver on senior day: loss by 14 to Rutgers

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Hopefully this loss gets Texas into the dance. At least the conference will split some ncaa tournament money out of the deal.

Still trying to decide if we are living through Morgan 2.0 or McDermott 2.0. CSP can recruit but production on the court just plain suxs.

At the very worst it's Morgan. I'm not sure how any one with a brain can think this is equal to McDermott era. Jesus. This is the reason that I bash people on here for not being fans.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
The inconsistency really is a question, though. ANY team can have a bad game or even a few. But to be so consistently inconsistent all season long makes you wonder what the hell is going on.

Yeah, absolutely. I feel like at this point it's one of those things that the coaching staff and team have to work through by just going forward and getting it out of their heads, so to speak. Just focus on the little details to start with, and build towards consistency from there.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
The inconsistency really is a question, though. ANY team can have a bad game or even a few. But to be so consistently inconsistent all season long makes you wonder what the hell is going on.

Agreed but I think a whole lot of our inconsistency is that we still don't have a leader. No one steps up is vocal. We don't have a Niang, Naz, Kane, Morris, Ejim, etc. Babb just isn't that personality. Shayok either. I don't think LW WANTS to be and LH and THT are too green.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Do they get it with a 17-15 record? Think that would be a first if they do. They really have work to do.
The PAC being absolute dog **** this year is going to get a lot of these type of teams in, IMO.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
The PAC being absolute dog **** this year is going to get a lot of these type of teams in, IMO.
They’re almost always dog ****. They’ve been a 1 bid league in the past. There could be still some mid majors that don’t win their conference tourney and are good enough for an at large.

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
Agreed but I think a whole lot of our inconsistency is that we still don't have a leader. No one steps up is vocal. We don't have a Niang, Naz, Kane, Morris, Ejim, etc. Babb just isn't that personality. Shayok either. I don't think LW WANTS to be and LH and THT are too green.
I think you are right. Hopefully with a little more time and experience someone will step up. Or maybe one of next year's new guys is a natural leader.

My fear, though, is the possibility that leadership at the top is making it difficult for leadership to emerge at the player level. I'm not making an accusation, but that can happen.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I just stopped by to throw up.

Love these guys and and still believe in them. WVU is going to be a tough place to get well, not because of their talent but that ******* style.

See ya all in a few days, hitting the 'Open in case of emergencies' beer cooler....

Reactions: NENick and Die4Cy

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
What's the definition of insanity?

I can't remember a single game this year playing meaningful minutes that we had two posts in the game at the same time. Why not give it a shot?
Why not start Wigginton? Haliburton could be a nice spark off the bench.

I'm not saying i have the answers, but why not mix it up a little bit and try something different?

• Agree
Reactions: Rolling Clones

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron