NFL: Cowboys moving on from David Irving

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
That's too bad, when he was on the field for Dallas he looked great. After 2017 I thought he might work his way into a big contract, then he just disappeared this season.

• Agree
Reactions: chadly82

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
From the article:
He was diagnosed with a high-ankle sprain during the Oct. 21 game against Washington and never played again despite remaining on the roster. Irving was not a regular participant in his rehab, Moore reports.

Still, the Cowboys paid Irving $2.9 million in 2018 as a restricted free agent. He becomes an unrestricted free agent next month.

Irving, 25, has served suspensions in back-to-back seasons. He opened the 2018 season with a four-game suspension for violation of the NFL’s substance abuse policy after violating the PED policy in 2017.

He also missed all of the offseason program and training camp dealing with off the field issues, including a custody battle for his daughter.

He is/was a helluva player, but the guy just can't seem to get out of his own way (beginning with - but not limited to - a stop sign).

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
If the cowboys think you're a character issue it's time to reevaluate your life
I don't know what you're talking about.

200w.webp

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
He'll get another look somewhere else, but man. Talk about a blown opportunity. He had a chance to get to free agency and cash in either with the Cowboys or another team. Now he'll probably have to sign a short term deal and prove himself all over again.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Hard to cheer for the guy that helped kill VEISHA.
Come on, man. I'm sure the several hundred other students there had nothing to do with it. Yeah, he was one of the most recognizable ones there, but to single him out like that is silly. If he hadn't been there I am confident there would still be no VEISHEA today.

Not being able to spell VEISHEA is probably what really killed it. ;)

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Come on, man. I'm sure the several hundred other students there had nothing to do with it. Yeah, he was one of the most recognizable ones there, but to single him out like that is silly. If he hadn't been there I am confident there would still be no VEISHEA today.

Not being able to spell VEISHEA is probably what really killed it. ;)

Hahaha.

There were drunken riots in the late 80s, when I was in grad school.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We're petty.
I see his name and just see him raising that stop sign. That's probably not good.
First memory for me is a dogpile over on the sidelines after he blocked a kick (iirc)...but it is quickly overshadowed by the stop sign and his subsequent downfall.
I agree - if your primary memories of a player are of off-field/court stupidity, that's not a good sign.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
For being a pain in the ass he's made more money in a few years then I'll make in a life time. In the end I'll be a millionaire he will be broke.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
For being a pain in the ass he's made more money in a few years then I'll make in a life time. In the end I'll be a millionaire he will be broke.
It drys up quick if he's as impulsive as i think he is.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron