Big 12 Champion Computer Projection

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
After watching the KU players faces and body language against KSU I'd say they are starting to fade. Not having any fun and looked fatigued. I swore Lawson faked injury late in game just to sit down for a blow. All the pressure is on them.

Fallout from the Adidas scandal. Had they not been caught cheating, they would likely have at least 1-2 other McD’s AA’s signed in the spring (+ De Sausa) to roll out there.

Now the conference is finding out the main reason behind 14 straight.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Interesting article in the USA Today this morning. Excerpts:

"It gets interesting when we take a look at these teams’ seeding lines as compared to their conference standings, which the selection committee doesn’t care about. Take Kansas State and Baylor as examples. Both teams lead the league standings with only two losses. Yet the Wildcats are a projected No. 6 seed and the Bears are just a No. 8 seed. Both teams rank No. 29 and 30 in the NET rankings because of mediocre credentials. Credit that to a lousy nonconference slate for Baylor and two portfolio-staining losses (to Tulsa and Texas A& M) for KSU."

If you look at Baylor's body of work, an 8 seed (right now) isn't out of line. Their RPI is 50 and their NET ranking is 31 which has been boosted by several 20-30 point wins. And they still have home losses to Texas Southern and SF Austin along with a road loss to a bad Wichita State team.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If you look at Baylor's body of work, an 8 seed (right now) isn't out of line. Their RPI is 50 and their NET ranking is 31 which has been boosted by several 20-30 point wins. And they still have home losses to Texas Southern and SF Austin along with a road loss to a bad Wichita State team.

I thought NET held all wins to a maximum of 10

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I don’t get this theme. Weber has already shared in a B12 title previously and took this team to the Elite 8 last year.

He’s a pretty damn good coach IMO.
He is a good coach. He can spot talent and generally gets his teams to play “up” a level. Largely on the knowledge that if you constantly foul on defense the refs won’t call it, but he’s not alone in that.

But he’s also a flake which is why his more talented teams are prone to tuning him out and having bad losses. That’s the magic I’m referring to.

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
He is a good coach. He can spot talent and generally gets his teams to play “up” a level. Largely on the knowledge that if you constantly foul on defense the refs won’t call it, but he’s not alone in that.

But he’s also a flake which is why his more talented teams are prone to tuning him out and having bad losses. That’s the magic I’m referring to.
Did anyone notice Bruce getting held back by one of his players at the end last night. Basically in a 'calm your ass down, I'll handle this manner. '

Jerms

May 13, 2011
Atlantic, IA
Did anyone notice Bruce getting held back by one of his players at the end last night. Basically in a 'calm your ass down, I'll handle this manner. '

Also noticed a lot of celebrating once it became clear they would beat Kansas for the first time in four years. Furthers my belief that they won't be up for the grind that is still coming. Hopefully our players will be ready.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
For the record --

View attachment 62232

Barttovik has that game as a coin flip right now.

A lot is going to hinge on that flip.

That game is huge for us. After that we will have already played KU, KSU, Baylor, and TT on the road. We would have our hardest games at home.

I'm not sure how schedules lie, but what does the schedules say on who we want to win between baylor and K state?

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
That game is huge for us. After that we will have already played KU, KSU, Baylor, and TT on the road. We would have our hardest games at home.

I'm not sure how schedules lie, but what does the schedules say on who we want to win between baylor and K state?

I assume we would want Baylor to beat KSU. KSU could lose both of their next 2 road games, @Baylor and @UT. Then ISU comes calling. Not sure if I want them pissed and on a 2 game losing streak, or whether they might tank a little.

That game last night was uggggllllyyy. KU turned the ball over 23 times. We will need to play strong.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
My thoughts on who to root for going forward... ISU in all their games and the home teams in all other games (unless it’s a top half of the league team playing a bottom half team at home). We want as many splits and as few sweeps as possible by KSU, KU, Baylor, TTech, and whomever else.

That is all.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
He’s a versatile defender and doesn’t usually make mistakes on offense, but scheme wise, replacing him with Agbaji may be a net gain. With Garret they were more small than small-ball.

KU still has Moore, Lesser Lawson, McCormack, and Lightfoot on the bench. That’s three top 60 guys plus a junior. Self isn’t exactly turning straw into gold if they’re short on talent.
Sounds like he's turning gold into straw.

• Funny
Reactions: RonBurgundy

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Also noticed a lot of celebrating once it became clear they would beat Kansas for the first time in four years. Furthers my belief that they won't be up for the grind that is still coming. Hopefully our players will be ready.

Court-storming was unprofessional!

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I'm pretty sure you are on here enough to know what this is all about. After Holgerson called Iowa State fans "unprofessional" for storming the field after ISU destroyed his ranked team pretty much every storming celebration everywhere is going to be an opportunity to mock Holgerson.

I didn't remember that thus the irony comment which was directed at play-for-pay Ku.

Listen, last night, I'm on the court, essentially, and there's a coed standing in the aisle next to me at the close mumbling the chant. I admonished her a bit with a hug saying, "Think it, don't say it." And she says, "All I want is to rush the court once." "Well, do that and enjoy it."

What the hell, these are college students who loathe Ku. For once, they get a Wildcat Victory. Anyone who bemoans that - a storm at Jack Trice or Bramlage - can stick it up their elitist dirt chute as far as I'm concerned. Win the damn game if it's so offensive to you.