Bowen Born

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
https://247sports.com/Player/Bowen-Born-46057912/
Exploded for 47 tonight. He is averaging 25 PPG, and 4 assists per game as well. Why has this kid not got an ISU offer yet? There is not a Coach in America I trust more than Prohm when it comes to evaluating PG talent. But from everything I have seen Born has all the tools to be a dominate College PG. He is on the shorter side "5'11" but has good quickness, above average athleticism, nice vertical, solid passer, nice ball control, a slew of floaters and shots he can get off against bigs, and is a deadly shooter from 3 point range. What does he need to do to get an offer from ISU? Does he need to beat Foster and Osky again in the State Championship? Or simply grow a few inches? ISU is in on a bunch of 4 Star PG's at the moment but Born is way better than his UNI, and Drake offers.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan21

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Also, your video doesn’t help your case. Go watch highlight tapes of the guys we have offered.
I have and if I could hand pick any of those guys it would be Jalen Suggs followed by Desmond Polk, Jalen Terry, Reece Beekman, Ty Berry, Ethan Morton, and Chanse Robinson in that order.

• Informative
Reactions: cyfan21

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
He will likely be a good player for Drake someday, not sure he’s a high-major guy at this time.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Might be a guy that would walk on at ISU. Is this Mike Born's son? Honestly, ISU could always use a kid that can make outside shot, even if his role is limited.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Big 12 guards would eat that kids lunch. If Clayton Custer didn’t work out at ISU, Born sure as hell ain’t working out... you would just be tying up a scholarship, and wasting a year of his eligibility.

Are you sure that making a comparison to Clayton Custer diminishes his stock? Last year , Custer did all right for himself during a tournament with some pretty good teams.

JDDDCy

Dec 20, 2017
My son played against him his FR and Soph year. When Born was a 5-8 freshman I thought he had a chance to be a big time recruit. Unfortunately he just hasn't grown enough. Quickstats has him listed at 5-11 and often times heights are exaggerated 1-2 inches. Maybe he would come as a walk-on with the chance to earn a scholarship. I haven't seen him play this year but last year he wasn't even Norwalks PG. He was their shooting guard. Hopefully he has a late growth spurt.

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
I saw him play last year. Really quick and athletic. Pretty savvy with the ball too. Good shooter. I think what will hold him back is his size. I doubt he'll get much taller as his dad was about 6'1" and his mom is average height. But you never really know how HS ball equates to D1. I think that's where Prohm and his staff will watch him play AAU and see how he compares against top talent.

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
Are you sure that making a comparison to Clayton Custer diminishes his stock? Last year , Custer did all right for himself during a tournament with some pretty good teams.
Hate to pile on, but Custer had 3 points in 33 minutes the other night in a 35-70 loss to Missouri State

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

Custer had a good year last year when he had help. This year now that he doesn't have much help, he doesn't look as good.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Clayton's (i thought we're supposed to call him Clangdon) is a really solid player, no one will deny that. He just wasn't a B12 player. Eikmeier, Cory Johnson (a lot of people forget about him), Eric McKnight weren't either. That's not disrespecting any of them.
Since I'll stay off topic, one guy who I thought could have stuck in the B12 was Tasheed Carr. I liked his game a lot.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad