Nebraska Fail

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I remember him saying the B10 would have to adjust to his offense, not the other way around. LOL, Scooter.

Pretty sure the only teams that don't run a more modern/common college offense are Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan while the rest look similar to the rest of the country.

Let's see where NU is in three seasons but this isn't recruiting in 1995.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Pretty sure the only teams that don't run a more modern/common college offense are Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan while the rest look similar to the rest of the country.

Let's see where NU is in three seasons but this isn't recruiting in 1995.

The thing is that given the demographics in the area around Nebraska, they should be running an offense like Iowa and Wisconsin. It shouldnt be that difficult to find big Olinemen and Dlinemen in a farming state with no other in-state competition.

Frost is trying to install an offense centered around Florida athletes when Florida is no longer a recruiting option for Nebraska. They'd have been better suited to bring in Army's or Navy's coach that could better use guys from the region.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Just when it couldn't look any worse, they are now being treated like the Cleveland Browns:
https://247sports.com/college/nebra...l-Iowa-bar-beer-free-losing-streak-122850107/
It would be funny if those hawk fan owners of that bar had to unchain that cooler and offer those free beers to celebrating husker fans after they play Iowa.

Otherwise, my standard response as to who to root for when these two teams meet stands:

Meteor-explosion-over-Thule-Air-Force-Base.jpg

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
I would think the abrasive fan expectations would be a negative to recruiting.....it is a negative. I always imagine the entire the entire population of Millard and other cushy Douglas County suburbs lined up to jock sniff. No shame.
Eh, Millard is now considered urban Omaha (and receives property tax subsidies for their school districts from Papillion and other Sarpy county communities). Elkhorn is the cushy suburb now...

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Greg Bell, one of Nebraska's top running back and a Frost recruit, quit the team today per their Rivals site.

It'll be interesting who sticks around, Frost has been pretty vocal about this being on the players, not his staff. The fans are eating it up but what will they do when players leaving just keeps delaying their rebuild?

• Agree
Reactions: GM4ISU

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
As noted above, RB Greg Bell is quitting Frost's team. On Tuesday, WR Tyjon Lindsey also quit. Lindsey was a very highly rated recruit. In 2017, the top 3 recruits were Lindsey, Avery Roberts (LB) and Tristan Gebbia (QB). All 3 are gone already. I can't believe that Frost's "It's the players, not the coaches" mantra isn't getting him 100% buy-in from the team!

Admittedly, most teams have some disharmony, disciplinary or other issues, but why would the coach throw the players under the bus? I guess if you want to see who can handle the criticism? Just be glad that Campbell shows his love in other ways.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Noah Fant is probably laughing at this thread too.
Scott Frost looks like the bully in "A Christmas Story"....or any other Hollywood movie since 1990. Mean, evil gingers or albinos.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Keep this thread great.
Be sure to flip over to Wisconsin-Nebraska during commercials...they play the same time as us. I want a shut out, and Wisconsin could do it.
Wisconsin will always owe us a debt of gratitude for their program...Barry, after seeing how Iowa could utilize beating Iowa State was beneficial, promptly scheduled Walden for two games I think....Walden obliged. We peed on ourselves and BArry got the recruiting momentum wins you need those first critical coaching years. Not really hating there....just factual history. I actually cheer for Wisconsin against the big 3 big 10.
It'll be fun watching those Nebraska fans in attendence that booked a year ago and feel obligated to sit the whole game to stroke their sanctimony that they are the best fans since the Roman Circus Maximus. I want close-ups of the stands of their faces when it is 49-0.

ESciGuy

Mar 16, 2010
Joliet, IL
Keep this thread great.
Be sure to flip over to Wisconsin-Nebraska during commercials...they play the same time as us. I want a shut out, and Wisconsin could do it.
Wisconsin will always owe us a debt of gratitude for their program...Barry, after seeing how Iowa could utilize beating Iowa State was beneficial, promptly scheduled Walden for two games I think....Walden obliged. We peed on ourselves and BArry got the recruiting momentum wins you need those first critical coaching years. Not really hating there....just factual history. I actually cheer for Wisconsin against the big 3 big 10.
It'll be fun watching those Nebraska fans in attendence that booked a year ago and feel obligated to sit the whole game to stroke their sanctimony that they are the best fans since the Roman Circus Maximus. I want close-ups of the stands of their faces when it is 49-0.

Uhh...wut? That game kicks at 6:30

• Agree
Reactions: Gordilly

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
LOL.....Nebraska gets Illinois instead of Rutgers in the scheduling....This could be the one-win year. I sure hope so. Hold those balloons Nebraska brats.

Reactions: 3GenClone

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Sorry Nebraska Fans....your woodshed is so boring I'm going to go watch Billy Madison. Classic Adam Sandler.