Random Thoughts XII - This Thread Delivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Checked in on a certificate in Poli Sci.
When I asked them about the GRE, their answer was "Anyone with a PhD in the humanities or social sciences meets our requirements."

That would have solved everything this morning.

So, you're being held up be someone that doesn't really know or at least didn't read your email.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
So, you're being held up be someone that doesn't really know or at least didn't read your email.

But I pissed her off royally with my GRE waiver question.
I did the "apology" where I "didn't intend that question to sound confrontational" and made up a reason for stress that I didn't actually feel until she got all angry.

So, once more into the breach. If there is another wave of jobs looking for dual credentials in history and poli sci, I am the ultimate candidate.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Checked in on a certificate in Poli Sci.
When I asked them about the GRE, their answer was "Anyone with a PhD in the humanities or social sciences meets our requirements."

That would have solved everything this morning.

I’m not sure what you’ve got. Any way you could pick up a Masters in Public Administration in two terms? That might help if you wanted to do some kind of museum administration.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Ugh! Got the MRI results. My soccer player is out of commission for an estimated 9 months. ACL and meniscus. She has to be heartbroken.

Get her to follow the surgeon and therapy peoples rules and she'll heal well. It's going to be a long 9 months for her though. Good luck on keeping her spirits up.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I’m not sure what you’ve got. Any way you could pick up a Masters in Public Administration in two terms? That might help if you wanted to do some kind of museum administration.

Good question. I read this and went to look into that.
I found this on their page while I waited for the handbook to load:
"The M.P.A. Program at Iowa State is no longer accepting new students into the program as directed by the Iowa Board of Regents."

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Good question. I read this and went to look into that.
I found this on their page while I waited for the handbook to load:
"The M.P.A. Program at Iowa State is no longer accepting new students into the program as directed by the Iowa Board of Regents."

Well that’s rotten, know some pretty good people who went through that program. Probably TOE related.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Well that’s rotten, know some pretty good people who went through that program. Probably TOE related.
The ghost of Marvin Pomerantz strikes again? My only comfort on that front is that he's probably rolling over in his grave given Iowa State's ascendance to largest university in state.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Kudos to all of you who take the time to help teach your kids how to drive. I've never thought it was fair to the kid who had to learn in drivers ed. It really isn't enough practice to turn a 16 yr old out on their own imo.

My niece was in the drivers ed car with a girl and the drivers ed instructor told her to turn right so she did right into a ditch full of snow. No one else drove that day class was done by the time the tow truck pulled them out.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Carvers hope you stay around. I know I've made the occasional southern Ia joke, but I think we'd get along ok if we ever met in real life. Plus I'll miss all your kid and neighbor stories.

• Friendly
Reactions: carvers4math

SayMyName

Jan 28, 2017
ABQ
What thread?
The one everyone has already pointed out. Some jackwagon thinks the Tibbetts thread is a perfect (non-cave) venue to spout his whackadoodle end-time theories and do some religion bashing. Maybe it's because he's (?) a suspect in the case?

• Agree

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The one everyone has already pointed out. Some jackwagon thinks the Tibbetts thread is a perfect (non-cave) venue to spout his whackadoodle end-time theories and do some religion bashing. Maybe it's because he's (?) a suspect in the case?

Yeah that was quite the crazy post. He dropped out after that one if I remember right.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Thanks for the tool BC!

ISU Athletics sent me an email that if I drive over 200 miles on a day I wouldn’t be in Ames, they will give me a free clear bag. Oh joy! I could send one of the boys to Fanfest but no way that is worth the mob just for the bag.

Tempted to make an embarrassing bag just for fun, fill it with tampons, condoms, hemorrhoid cream, vagisil, etc.

I replied to that message saying we’re working at the state fair all those days and asked if a) another ticket holder could bring our message to them and get ours and b) whether they would have them available sometime after the 19th. No answer or acknowledgement or even a “this is not an active email address” message. Surprise. Not.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron