Super Troopers 2 Trailer

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.

DO IT!

super-troopers-2-kickstarter-movie-sequel.gif
"It's a good thing you didn't order hash browns......if they had been chugging ketchup."

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Saw the first showing today at Movies 12 in Ames. I'm glad to be wrong. This movie is ****ing HILARIOUS!

Listening to their podcasts the last 3 years, they said they really worked hard on the balance of keeping old jokes around for their cult following yet not making it the same movie and adding new jokes into it as well.

Hope the movie is a huge hit. So cool the fans funded it.

• Optimistic
Reactions: cyhiphopp

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Wayne's World 2 wasn't better than the first but didn't drop off by too much.

Same with Austin Powers the Spy Who Shagged Me

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Went and saw it again today. Where all the peeps that saw it last night? Anxious to hear other reviews who have seen it also. Saw a couple of national reviews that dissed it. Just goes to show that movies critic's opinions to me don't mean ****.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclone.TV

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Listening to their podcasts the last 3 years, they said they really worked hard on the balance of keeping old jokes around for their cult following yet not making it the same movie and adding new jokes into it as well.

Hope the movie is a huge hit. So cool the fans funded it.

I haven't seen the original since it was new and positive I won't remember any references. I might go only due to reviews like yours saying it's not just fan service. It's playing at the theater on my block, they had a midnight showing Thursday.

I'm a huge fan of Wet Hot American Summer and the Netflix revival series were a huge letdown. I couldn't even finish the series. It was painful to me not laughing hardly at all. I don't hate all revivals. I like the revived X-Files even though some don't.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Wayne's World 2 wasn't better than the first but didn't drop off by too much.

Same with Austin Powers the Spy Who Shagged Me

Those I'd say are examples of exactly repeating the formula and it's still pretty entertaining. Anchorman 2 I thought repeated the formula and somehow wasn't as funny.

I think Euro Vacation and Xmas Vacation are as good as the original. All 3 are great, Euro gets overlooked.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Went and saw it again today. Where all the peeps that saw it last night? Anxious to hear other reviews who have seen it also. Saw a couple of national reviews that dissed it. Just goes to show that movies critic's opinions to me don't mean ****.

Saw it last night; was not disappointed. I think it helped having a theater full of folks who loved the original. If you liked Farva in the first movie, you'll love him here. He gets all the best jokes. The only thing that rubbed me the wrong way was I got a little sick of all the overly bad French-Canadian accents.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I haven't seen the original since it was new and positive I won't remember any references. I might go only due to reviews like yours saying it's not just fan service. It's playing at the theater on my block, they had a midnight showing Thursday.

I'm a huge fan of Wet Hot American Summer and the Netflix revival series were a huge letdown. I couldn't even finish the series. It was painful to me not laughing hardly at all. I don't hate all revivals. I like the revived X-Files even though some don't.

Which Wet Hot revival the 1st day of camp or the 10 year reunion? The 1st day at camp had some bright moments and the whole gimmick of the guys being 15 years older yet pretending to be 3 months younger was funny.

The 10 year reunion just got more weird than it needed to be. Stick with what works I guess.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Saw it last night, and loved it. Definitely kept with the original jokes some, but had some great new stuff! I agree on the horrible French Canadian accents. The big Mountie from mad tv was awful.

4 out of 5, and would see again.

Yup; definitely a worthy sequel IMO. Broken Lizard said if this movie does well at the box office, they have material for a third installment and we wouldn’t have to wait fifteen years.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Disappointed that Super Troopers 2 came in 4th in box office this weekend. Quiet Place and Rampage I can see but following behind Schumer's I feel pretty is sad. Took in 14.7 in it's first weekend. Looked up how the original did and it only grossed 23.2 million.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Going tomorrow night with some buddies. Have a pant tent just thinking about it.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Disappointed that Super Troopers 2 came in 4th in box office this weekend. Quiet Place and Rampage I can see but following behind Schumer's I feel pretty is sad. Took in 14.7 in it's first weekend. Looked up how the original did and it only grossed 23.2 million.

This surprises me. Shows in Altoona we’re full today and looked like they were all weekend.

That being said, it was a pretty good flick. My sister saw it Thursday night and told us to watch the original before we go if we weren’t up on it lately since there is quite a bit that relates to it. The theater was pretty much dead with the exception of a few LOL moments. I laughed at a lot of stuff nobody else did.

IMO, not good enough to see again in the theater but will watch it again when it hits Netflix, HBO, etc. Definitely not another failed sequel.

Oh and I’m not sure what her real name is but Sloan from Entourage is in it and she’s a ******* dime and a half.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JM4CY