Since the Beginning

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I was a lurker here basically from the start. Took a few months to actually sign up. CF was the first board where I actively posted.

Urban exploring and the plane on a treadmill were highlights for sure.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Joined from the beginning coming from strangetalk.net

First message board I was on was the nintendo boards, as they were one of the first. Mid 90's, very off topic, not so much nintendo related. From their Geocities community.

Spent most my years on off-topic.com

Best moments here normally get deleted pretty quickly, but I'd go with Urban Exploration as it was awesome.

Strangetalk...I don’t think the name does it justice. Always a good place for info whenever something ****** up happened on campus.

I don’t think I was active on any boards prior to CF, but I did enjoy trolling Sound Off Sunday nights before I even knew what trolling was.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Been here since the very beginning as well. I was a lurker for a little while, but that obviously didn't last.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Anyone want to give sparknotes for the Urban Exploring thread? 34 pages is scaring me away.

The mega thread has a special place in my heart since I started it. I also enjoyed the yearly Veishea threads (RIP).

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Been here since day one. Didn't actually register for a little while though. Rarely posted in the old days....

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Remember how much Cyismydog used to post around here? The same with Kg-Cyclone or Kg-clone.

• Funny
Reactions: Cy$

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Did we have big smiley face killers thread on CF when Abel Bolanos drowned? Or am I thinking of something else?
Yep. It was a good one. I trolled the hell out of that thread with more than one user account.

I also remember Phaedrus and his stories. My favorite was about how he had to get tough with Fred Hoiberg at Welch Ave Station because the Mayor was hitting on his girlfriend. Demanded that he stop or step outside. Fred backed down, of course, because he's a lover, not a fighter.

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
Lurked for quite some time before joined in January 2010 to complain about McDermott's lack of performance in his last year as coach here.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Strangetalk...I don’t think the name does it justice. Always a good place for info whenever something ****** up happened on campus.

I don’t think I was active on any boards prior to CF, but I did enjoy trolling Sound Off Sunday nights before I even knew what trolling was.

ST was must read during the Veishea riots.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Didn't Cyismydog actually make it as a basketball manager somewhere like Xavier or Butler?

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Been here since the beginning to and was with Cyclone Report very briefly before coming over here for good. A couple of my favorites....

Phaedrus was always fun poster to read....
Discombobulated was a hot mess but was fun to read before he got permabanned
The thread that went for quite a while on the whole EIU vs Minn bathroom incident.
The thread that Rashon Clark's at the time girlfriend came in and trolled or did some weird stuff.

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames
I've been around since 09. I was a lurker forever before I ever posted. I used to think a lot of you on here knew a lot more about Iowa State Athletics than I did and there were a lot of "insiders" (LOL).

Most memorable threads are your threads SnowCraig (Forgetting your kids TWICE!), When Cyber was camping out at the airport, and the all time classic "Sit or Stand to Wipe" Thread.

Wasn't there a thread about "Fold or Crumple?" referring to toilet paper?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron