Allen Lazard- NFL Draft

L

LincolnWay187

Really hoping Lazard makes it. I respect guys like him and Lanning who lead by example rather than guys like Park who just yell a lot and a little too cocky.

Reactions: xr4ticlone

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Tall guys are deceptively fast in a straight line so I think he'll run sub 4.6 if he's healthy. If he's been working with our S&C staff they'll squeeze every last hundredth out of him.

No..I will be very surprised if he's below 4.7 at all..

And no clue why Lazard didn't do all he could to get down to around 215 ish..

230 is too heavy IMO..either become a TE or he needs to drop 15-20..

I'm thinking some scouts and teams maybe even told him they could easily put 15 lbs in him and he would make for a dangerous TE IMO..

• Disagree
Reactions: isutrevman

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Tall guys are deceptively fast in a straight line so I think he'll run sub 4.6 if he's healthy. If he's been working with our S&C staff they'll squeeze every last hundredth out of him.
I believe he said he’s working out at EXOS in Arizona. That place is legit and specializes in sports performance and combine training. Football players from all over the country go there every year to train for the combine. He’s in the best hands a draft prospect could be in.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

I'm thinking some scouts and teams maybe even told him they could easily put 15 lbs in him and he would make for a dangerous TE IMO..

He ran a 4.65 at camp in high school which was electronically timed. 247 has him down from a camp in high school at 4.62 but not sure which one that was and if it was hand timed or not. You think he's slower now?

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX

He wasn't the only one that dropped passes from Allen. Read an article yesterday about Allens' accuracy and touch on short passes. They said he was putting way more into the short throws than he needed to and that WRs were getting caught off guard by the velocity to what it should be.

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
But this isn't really something new is it? He's struggled with drops his entire career when catching passes from basically everyone but Kyle Kempt. Don't get me wrong, he's a beast and I think he'll have a long pro career but this isn't an isolated incident and could be a concern, especially when catching the kind of balls he's going to be thrown at the next level.

He had his issues outside of the endzone, RZ and when needing a clutch 3rd down conversion. In the pros he's a chain mover and a RZ guy and that's where he has excelled for four years.

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
He's speed for a WR is not good. Butler probably runs 4.58 ish I'd guess.. Lazard is much slower.

I'll be very very happy for him if he's under 4.7...cause I could easily see him becoming TE in NFL. He's excellent blocker who is physical.

I thought he'd come in at more 210.

Anquan Boldin ran a 4.71 and Fitz ran a 4.65 I believe, both had pretty good careers at WR. It's two guys, but if he has the size and strength to win at the LOS and the jump balls, he will have a job.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Last edited:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017

You realize like he’s not just chilling at home watching replays of the OU game? He’s training and in good shape.

He isn’t going to appreciably gain speed by losing 15-20 of lean muscle. His speed is what it is. But showing up at almost 230 makes him more intriguing. A slow WR at 230 is better than a slow WR at 210.

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

cyclonestans

Dec 20, 2013
Iowa
In a very unofficial hand timing of that video I had him at 4.74, 4.76, 4.74. Obviously that is hand timed and no way of telling for sure when he got to 40 yds, but that was also in pads and not running a straight line. I would be absolutely shocked if runs slower that 4.7 at the combine. My guess is he runs a best time of 4.64

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
In a very unofficial hand timing of that video I had him at 4.74, 4.76, 4.74. Obviously that is hand timed and no way of telling for sure when he got to 40 yds, but that was also in pads and not running a straight line. I would be absolutely shocked if runs slower that 4.7 at the combine. My guess is he runs a best time of 4.64

Someone must have been quick on the stop watch here lol

That’s certainly a goal for Lazard in 2017. Outside of touchdowns, for which he’d need 16, every single receiving record is well within his reach. It’s a long one, too, at 6-foot-5, 223 pounds Lazard is a physical specimen who is also back to show NFL scouts he can make plays in a wider route tree and also that he’s more than fast enough – he’s been hand-timed at a 4.4 in the 40-yard dash. Projected as a mid to late-round draft pick last season, Lazard believes he can considerably improve his stock in 2017.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonestans

cyclonestans

Dec 20, 2013
Iowa

That’s certainly a goal for Lazard in 2017. Outside of touchdowns, for which he’d need 16, every single receiving record is well within his reach. It’s a long one, too, at 6-foot-5, 223 pounds Lazard is a physical specimen who is also back to show NFL scouts he can make plays in a wider route tree and also that he’s more than fast enough – he’s been hand-timed at a 4.4 in the 40-yard dash. Projected as a mid to late-round draft pick last season, Lazard believes he can considerably improve his stock in 2017.

Man, what if he somehow runs like a 4.59. Could you imagine all the butt hurt and crow eating from all of his critics out east.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Typically you add .26 to hand times.

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
Here is a pre senior bowl ranking of the recievers that are participating from an outside source.

http://www.optimumscouting.com/news/dafsdf

Notes from day 2: (check receiver section)

http://www.optimumscouting.com/news/2018-senior-bowl-day-2-north-josh-allen-shows-prom

He was not mentioned in their day 1 notes. The video posted earlier of him running past the corner was against the D3 corner from Dubuque. There is a different clip floating around showing him throw a press corner off of him 1v1 and getting open for a td. I can't find it now though.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
He wasn't the only one that dropped passes from Allen. Read an article yesterday about Allens' accuracy and touch on short passes. They said he was putting way more into the short throws than he needed to and that WRs were getting caught off guard by the velocity to what it should be.

I don't get Allen as a top pick. His hype reminds me of Roethlesberger's hype at Miami OH but watching several of both of their games in and out of conference his college performance didn't ever seem to match Big Ben's.

I'm sure I'm wrong and he'll be the next pro bowl QB, but I can't honesty say the guy amazes me. Iowa didn't exactly terrorize him in the backfield and he did not look great.

Last edited: