Stupid logo hate thread

wclarson

Oct 31, 2010
Ames, IA
I'll say this and won't say any more... Pollard had nothing to do with this, which i find very odd.
You saying that the Athletic Dept got Nike to print up that new logo on apparel that was available to buy within hours of the new logo being announced and the head of the department had nothing to do with it? I'd like to see some proof of this!

• Winner
Reactions: FinalFourCy

amestoplease

Jan 30, 2012
Better than the one the AD used but I still wouldn't want to see this one either. Sorry.

and i dont disagree. i wanted to throw this out there for the heck of it and to illustrate that though a difficult concept to tackle, there are still better ways to execute it than the way it was carried out.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

wclarson

Oct 31, 2010
Ames, IA
I'll say this and won't say any more... Pollard had nothing to do with this, which i find very odd.
9189283.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Rex O Herlihan

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Your mock-ups have 3 elements missing from the actual alt-logo:

1. Contrast
2. At least an attempt to represent realistic “motion” of a funnel cloud
3. A bit of "flair," for lack of better description.

I looked at your logo for a few minutes on each helmet, to find areas open to common scrutiny, if the design were chosen. Some lines may be a bit thick, interior resembles a small intestine.

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
Is there a way that we can get a good reading about just how many people really hate this logo? I want data.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Talked to someone who works for the university, and they claimed that the football staff, team, and even our marketing department all dislike it, and that the team will only use it if/when they're "forced" to.

If that's even somewhat true, a few players had to feel like this when the alternate logo was revealed:

"You can't come out dressed like that — you're all 'puffed up.'"

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
I went into Cy's Locker Room and wanted to spend money on Iowa State clothes. I need a new hoodie for fall and winter. I left with nothing.

I love Iowa State but it's amazing how they just...don't...get it. The "new" logos of the past two decades have been awful. The best ISU clothing I've seen in a long time is from American Eagle. AMERICAN EFFING EAGLE.

https://www.ae.com/shop-by-school-iowa-state-cyclones/tailgate/s-cat/8070054?cm=sUS-cUSD

• Agree
Reactions: CY21

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I went into Cy's Locker Room and wanted to spend money on Iowa State clothes. I need a new hoodie for fall and winter. I left with nothing.

I love Iowa State but it's amazing how they just...don't...get it. The "new" logos of the past two decades have been awful. The best ISU clothing I've seen in a long time is from American Eagle. AMERICAN EFFING EAGLE.

https://www.ae.com/shop-by-school-iowa-state-cyclones/tailgate/s-cat/8070054?cm=sUS-cUSD

^^^Someone's a "walking" Cy fan...^^^

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
here is another concept i came up with for a tornadic logo other than the refresh of the old funnel mark. curious to know what people think of it.
I would be fine if they pulled an Iowa Corn mea culpa and tossed the new one and went with this.

Petition? Email JP? March on the Jacobsen Building?

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
this is 100% not true. also to those saying they forced it out in a couple days, its been around for months.

The plot thickens. We need get this figured out, because the perpetrator behind this new logo needs to get a flaming-upside-down-new-secondary-logo bag on on their porch during Halloween night...

EDIT: I'm only joking. Please do not put flaming poo on anyone's porch on Halloween night. And only pass out celery sticks, bean sprouts, baby carrots, and apple slices to those eager little trick-or-treaters....

Last edited:

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Got the email from Cy's Locker Room to buy new logo merchandise.

Three different shades of red right on the email.

Is this typical for other schools/teams? The team color isn't consistent?

The Burlington Mud Dawgs only have 2 shades of purple on their page.

amestoplease

Jan 30, 2012
the whole ordeal reminds me of this miami logo called the 'swirling ibis.' weird how it never really caught on.

Attachments

• miami.jpg
    miami.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Funny
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Help Support Us

Become a patron